CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
My apologies if I either shouldn't post this, or if I shouldn't post it here in this section. My daughter will be accompanying me and some of my other students to Iceland in 2016, and I made this t-shirt as a way to help her pay for her trip. She's working hard, and we have a long time to go, so I'm sure she will be successful. Here's a link to the page:
CTX1300 Shirts for Riders | tfund.com
The way it works is this: people pre-order the shirt, then when the campaign is over (April 17 in this case), the shirts will ship out. I hope this is filling a need here in our community, and again I apologize if this seems like a shameless shill. I just really want my girl to come with me on my adventure. :)

Reactions: Springer

· Registered
432 Posts
Iceland is a stunningly beautiful country.

Many fond memories of the times spent flying out of Keflavik.

I wish you and your daughter well on your adventure.:smiley-party0005:

Reactions: shane

· Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iceland is a stunningly beautiful country.

Many fond memories of the times spent flying out of Keflavik.

I wish you and your daughter well on your adventure.:smiley-party0005:
Thanks, Springer! So far, I have 17 people traveling with me, including students and chaparones. We're going to spend 6 days there, and I can't wait to see some glaciers and volcanoes. Not to mention the craggy cliffsides that look like they came straight out of Minecraft. When I was in college, I took a Norse Literature class and the instructor was from Iceland. I've always wanted to visit since hearing her talk about it, and I will be heading up a brave expedition to that little country in June of 2016. :D

· Registered
432 Posts
I can't wait to see some glaciers and volcanoes. Not to mention the craggy cliffsides that look like they came straight out of Minecraft.
Not to mention horseback riding, salmon fishing, fantastic waterfalls, and geothermal features rivaling the Yellowstone Basin.

Iceland is one of the most literate nations in the world with the mean educational level a baccalaureate degree, and the general population fluent in an average of 4 languages.

Take every camera you own, but do bring money though.....:wink:

Icelandic wool clothing is spectacular but expen$ive. Makes for an excellent consolation souvenir for those unable to make the journey.

Be prepared for exhaustion as you'll be going at the time of year when there is no true darkness and it's extremely difficult to discipline your body to sleep on any stateside schedule. Quite often during the first month of deployments, I'd find myself walking and sightseeing at 1 or 2 am.

Iceland is unforgettable; one of my favorite places on the planet.:smiley-happy0034:

· Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
@shane,
The photo shows short sleeve but the "product & sizing information" says they are long sleeve?
I think that information is for if you order a long-sleeved shirt. It's a universal size chart. I checked, and it shows that the shirt is short-sleeved, and I know that's what I set up. I've attached a screencap from my management page. Hope this helps, Willajabir. Happy riding! :)

· Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys, is $25 too pricey? I've been looking around, and I think it is a little too much to charge. Is there any interest in me making one at a lower price point? Like $20? Also, if anyone has ideas that they would like to see for a CTX1300 design, I'm all ears. Black shirt with white graphics maybe? Maybe something more... kinetic? Like a bike/rider in motion?

· Registered
432 Posts
I think $25 is on the high end for a relatively simple design Tee (meaning no offense).

I just paid $25 for a heavy duty, long sleeve Tee with large designs front and back for our ESRA (English Springer Rescue America) association.

Having said that, the final cost of the shirts was predicated on the size of the order, so you (your daughter:smile:) may be at the mercy of your vendor's price structure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.