CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
in the last few days it seems that ctx1300forum.com has loaded slower and slower ... to the point it now takes more than 40 seconds to refresh or load any page at all.
I dont believe this is from my browser or provider, since all other links seems to be fine.
Is anyone else experiencing problems ?

It seems to say something like "waiting for static.virticalscope.com " then hangs there for awhile.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I haven't had any issues other than the usual occasional lag. That message looks like one of the ad servers maybe getting hung up.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes sir. pages take forever to fully load especially when scrolling down.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
googling "waiting for static.virticalscope.com " brings up all kinds of issues with vehicle related forums ( Toyota, fords, etc )
Especially with firefox

Apparently there are cookie `issues with certain settings inside firefox

sure enough, the latency seems to go away in explorer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
virticalscope indeed seems to be the , ehem, engine, that drives the auto and power sports ( and ...curiously... pets ) platforms for forums such as this one.
It is a "virtical" platform, which I assume is a marketing opportunity for ads and news that relate to the forums.

http://www.verticalscope.com/about-us/our-history.html

although that may explain progressive insurance ads, Im still confused how penske and the denver nuggets relate to my CTX1300 :)

im guessing that if anyone has these issues simply clearing the cookies might solve them.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
personally, I'm not seeing an issue, but I am using the following:

1. Chrome
2. Premium settings (no ads)

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
No issues for me either. I use Firefox on my Linux laptop at home and FF also on my Windows laptop at work. :)
But I am thinking it may have everything to do with advertisements loading. There are a few web sites I visit that are heavy in adds and those do have some issues sometimes.

Maybe consider becoming a premium member and maybe those problems will go away :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
I also had a problem with Chrome, could not get a message cleared under the notification tab, logged in on Firefox browser, cleared message. I would get the message that the file was not found and a blank screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts