CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from another Aussy not yet a owner of the CTX1300 hopefully in the next couple of months, put the leg over one in September last year just get the toes on the ground, riding a VStar 950 Yamaha at the moment. This is the only bike out there that I can get my feet on the ground other than buying another cruiser,my inseam is 28 anyone else riding a CTX that are short arses.John

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
My wife is 5'2" and loves her bike. On her bike she's on her tip toes in sneakers but wears motorcycle riding boots without problems. She's right on my a$$ on the twisties with crazy confidence because the bike gives you that feel. Don't let the bike seat height be an issue.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I'm 30" inseam and just moved from the 950 after 6 months. While the 950 is nice, it just wasn't my cup of tea. It was low and got great mpg. But that wasn't enough to keep me happy. I haven't done this yet, but on other bikes, such as the Gold Wing, I trim the sides of the seat so my legs can not be spread out so far making it easier to reach the ground.
Only need to trim it up front, so the butt still has a nice saddle while riding.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi mate, more of us Aussies all the time! i am around 182 cm but am short legged and find the CTX fine, for me very easy to maneuver, of course everyone's different,

What i can say though is this is best bike i have ever owned, a great all-rounder and no regrets after buying it, if it fits-wear it. Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks menosabe I am pretty sure the seat height won,t be a problem, I tour often with my wife as a pillion, with her & all the panniers & top box full it's good to get your feet firmly planted on the ground when stopping, remembering all the extra weight lowers the bike as well, after 50years of riding the supporting of the bike when stopped will probably be the reason I stop riding hopefully a few years away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts