CTX 1300 Forum banner

DFW pricing

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  bob 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. New member, glad to be here. Lots of useful info in your forum. I live in Fort Worth, TX and have found the bike I need and want. The CTX1300 is everything other bikes are not. I've looked at them in person and sat on them, and being 5'8", the low seat and riding position along with the proven motor has me sold. Regarding pricing, I'm working with a local bike center in Denton, TX. They have offered me 13,600 OTD for a deluxe model. This includes all incentives, dealer fees and taxes. Does this sound like a good deal? I'm not sure if anyone else here is from North Texas that has purchased one here. -Thanks in advance! :)

#2 ·
if a bike that was 19000 dollars out the door last summer is now 13000 out the door
then the quick answer is still.
its a good deal if your willing to part with that much money
if not, then its not a good deal
but yes its worth that, 13600 that is

#3 ·
@dman3626,
Since you joined the forum, it makes it OURS......meaning you included.
And yes, that sounds like a fair deal.
Since you haven't agreed to anything, ask for a luggage rack or tall windshield or something you want. If they say no, you haven't lost anything. If they say yes, that makes it an even better deal.
And, welcome aboard!!!!!!!

#5 ·
@dman3626, what Larry said above!
Welcome here... to "our" forums. I told my dealer about the deal found in Arkansas and he matched it. Of course that was about a year ago so pricing is very different in different places. Call around, or email to get many quotes. Even if you don't intend to travel to some of the places in the end you might just have something to work the deal a bit more with your dealer, if you choose. It is still a good deal.

Reactions: dman3626
#6 ·
You guys are awesome, thanks for the swift replies. I'm going to do a little more research, and get some more quotes to be safe. I like the free first service idea, so i'll definitely have to do that. I am also going to ask for the taller windshield when I purchase. Looks much more highway friendly.

#7 ·
I live on the opposite side of the metroplex and was using Denton Cycle Center to compete against Rockwall Honda. Rockwall Honda gave me a better deal after the usual Sales tactics. As of last week, I can tell you that Rockwall Honda has sold only two CTX1300 in the past 6 months and they have several sitting on the show room. Eric is their lead sales guy and he will work with you. I would use Denton's price and see what Rockwall says. Don't forget Honda Factory has a current $3000 in honda bucks to get accessories when you get the bike. We got the tall shield, center stand, trunk package, Cover, etc. Look up what the items are before you go because some items are crazy expensive when you can get after market items at a fair price.

Reactions: Tony
#8 ·
That does sound fair, but as the others have said you should be able to get options or pay less by talking to other dealers.

Last month I paid 13,900 OTD (12,500 pre tax, title and registration) and negotiated for the backrest, that my girlfriend loves, a set of heated grips, and the tall windscreen. All my options were without installation.

#9 ·
I got the best deal at Grapevine Honda -- ask for Payton. Shopped all the dealers in the metroplex and beyond -- bought last October. I live in Coppell. I got a tall windscreen, center stand and heated grips. Did pay more than this however but that was 6 months ago.

No regrets after 2,500 miles.

#10 ·
Update

As suggested, i reached out to other dealers in north texas to see what deals i could churn up. Many dealers are running thin on this model now. 1 or 2 bikes available at 3 out of the 5 locations i reached out to. 2 dealers had none left. Grapevine Honda won't deal and only have black and blue left. Sucks because it's on my way to work. I love the candy apple red, too. Rockwall Honda said the deal i've been offered is 1000 better than they can do. So i reached back out to Cycle Center of Denton to see if i can get the free 1st service. (600 mile). She said they will give me a $150.00 giftcard to use for whatever. I guess this is the best deal in my area. I'm going to add the tall windshield and passenger backrest, but they're at full retail. :-/ 150 labor isn't bad to put them on though imo. I may buy on Saturday. I'm a little nervous. My only worry is the possibly discontinue. If i don't buy now, one of these may be hard to come by for a LONG time.

#11 ·
The out the door price you get should have nothing to do with the bonus bucks. The dealer or salesperson you get may not know and may need to be updated with current incentives. (My dealer was clueless) Here is a link to show you what you can get. Current Offers - The Official Honda Powersports Site
I see you want a tall shield as most riders want. If you can drive a screw driver then you don't need to pay the dealer to install the shield. There are youtube videos that show you how to make the change in no time at all.
The fun starts after you get the bike :)

#14 ·
@willajabir - he did. Some members aren't looking at all the different forums available here but instead are just looking at the list of recent posts. Using the mobile app to see this site makes it a bit more difficult to navigate to all the different forums, though it can be done. There is a lot of existing information available in the separate forums on this site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.