CTX 1300 Forum banner

Is there any interest is attaining a digital copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX1300
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be able to provide a Digital CTX1300 Factory Service Manual in PDF. To do so legally, I would only be able to accept donations.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX1300
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Granted, it's a loophole. Many clubs accept donations or even membership dues to avoid copyright and legality laws. Basically, I can share a pdf copy with whomever I choose, for free. Should that person choose to donate, it is not in exchange for a product or service.

·
Registered
680 Posts
..Basically, I can share a pdf copy with whomever I choose, for free. Should that person choose to donate, it is not in exchange for a product or service.
I was really hoping for a link to read on this "loophole" because yeah - that is not how copyright protections work and it surely doesn't protect against DCMA takedowns or further legal action. Do websites in countries with more lax copyright laws exist providing any material? yes.

Maybe the idea is to spin up a VPS in another county?

Or a link on MEGA FILE or similar.

We get it, we all experienced Napster and Limewire, we all know about The PirateBay and for ebooks we all know about Library Genesis or Electronic library. Download books free. Finding books

This being said - what you propose has already been done and no donations are needed, wanted, or asked for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.