CTX 1300 Forum banner

Do you own a CTX1300 in the L.A. area?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sleepngbear 
#1 ·
If you own a CTX1300 and live in or around the Los Angeles area, Cee Bailey's is looking for a donor bike to produce and test a windshield on. They will pay to rent your bike for modeling, provide a newer loaner bike, and all the shields are on them.

If you're interested, contact joe@ceebaileys.com.

#2 ·
I think I will be doing something similar with National Cycle. I have already been in contact with them, and will most likely loan them my bike for (hopefully) short periods so that they can do measurements and develop a prototype. Ironically I should already have my taller Honda-brand windshield by then, but ultimately I prefer the quality of National Cycle's products anyway.

#3 ·
Maybe let National Cycle "borrow" your shorty shield to use as a template for the base, like RICHB2 did for MADSTAD.
Since it really doesn't help you... Then you'd really see if it makes a difference being there or not. :D

#4 ·
That's what I had in mind, but only after I have something to replace it with--namely, the tall Honda shield. Frankly, after hearing what's involved, I am NOT looking forward to dismantling the fairing to swap out the shield any more often than I absolutely have to. As it is, I might pay my dealer to do it; at least they should be able to get everything back together again properly. I am STILL unable to get the cover over the battery to stay put, so it is making me nervous to do much more disassembly of the plastic parts. I used to do that all the time on the Gold Wing, but I never had any problem getting things to line back up again.

Once I have the new windshield on, I'll be glad to turn over the shorty one to National Cycle to use as a template. I don't care if I ever see it again, frankly… ;)

#5 ·
Anyway, getting back on topic ....

Direct from Cee Bailey:

CBAP agrees to pay 40.00 per day for the use of the bike as stated below to the participant. This agreement excludes payments for weekends or holidays, starting the next business day. The bike will be used for modeling, pictures, test fitments of windows/accessories and limited road tests. CPAB assumes full financial liability for any damages that may occur. A loaner bike may be provided at the discretion of CBBAP. The bike stays locked in our warehouse and will not be used for any recreational purposes. In addition participants will be entitled to free of charge products and services compliments of CBAP
BUT, you do have to be in or around the Los Angeles area.

Contact Joe Duval if you're interested -- joe@ceebaileys.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.