CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm wondering if there is an appetite to hire my CTX to overseas visitors to Australia...?
It has a touring seat, windscreen, upgraded suspension, highway pegs and luggage rack.
I thought about $750 AUD a week flat rate, unlimited kms would be fair; what do you guys think...?
I'm not a business, I just like the idea of people who like these bikes, helping each other out in this way.
I know I'd be super interested in doing something similar if I came to North America.
Anyway, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here in the USA there is 2 companies that offer motorcycle rentals directly from the owners of the bike. One is www.twistedroad.com the other one is www.riders-share.com . You need to sign up and provide some information, the company will check your record out and if everything is ok you can rent bikes from other motorcycle owners. Now I haven’t checked it in some time but I’m not sure if riders from other countries can rent bikes( insurance issues). Also www.eaglerider.com “Rentals and Tours(Mostly Harley Davidson bikes) is joining this market too but I’m not quite sure how there’s program works. It is a great concept, lots of people are using it also as a place where you can rent a bike that you have a interest to buy, ride it for couple of days, and have a real feel for the bike before making your decision if that bike is for you or not.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,809 Posts
And then there is that very long held tradition that many riders still have that nobody rides their bike except themselves. It is considered a general rule that unless otherwise specifically stated you don't ever ride, or in some extreme cases even touch, another riders ride. That exception being unless the owner of that ride says you can... which is the only way these services can exist of course.

btw- I don't mind if you touch my ride... just don't leave a lot of fingerprints, especially on the shield. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi guys, I'm wondering if there is an appetite to hire my CTX to overseas visitors to Australia...?
It has a touring seat, windscreen, upgraded suspension, highway pegs and luggage rack.
I thought about $750 AUD a week flat rate, unlimited kms would be fair; what do you guys think...?
I'm not a business, I just like the idea of people who like these bikes, helping each other out in this way.
I know I'd be super interested in doing something similar if I came to North America.
Anyway, let me know what you think.
I'd definitely do that. Maybe we could work out a trade
...you can use mine if you come to the states and I'll use yours when I come to Oz!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts