1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yes, but it's an accessory (in USA) part # 08M70-MJN-A00

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
No problems, I use the center stand in the last 2 years every time I park in my garage, do maintenance, wash the bike

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problems, I use the center stand in the last 2 years every time I park in my garage, do maintenance, wash the bike
Good to know. I think I will order one when I pick up my bike on Thursday.

I was going to get an oil filter or two and . . . anything else in the way of maintenance stuff I should pick up also?

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
If you're going to do your own oil changes you can easily change the final drive fluid as well. I change it with every oil change (yes, overkill) but cheap and easy.
-Pro Honda Shaft Drive Oil. Hypoid 80w90
-I use HiFlow HF204 filters
Lots of oil choices and you can search the site for preferences.
A touring shield is also a nice upgrade.

I believe @willajabir has a list of popular accessories on the forum as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're going to do your own oil changes you can easily change the final drive fluid as well. I change it with every oil change (yes, overkill) but cheap and easy.
-Pro Honda Shaft Drive Oil. Hypoid 80w90
-I use HiFlow HF204 filters
Lots of oil choices and you can search the site for preferences.
A touring shield is also a nice upgrade.

I believe @willajabir has a list of popular accessories on the forum as well.
Oops! Forgot the shaft drive. I haven't had a shaft-drive bike in a while. Thanks.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Barn Rat, Centerstand in the classifieds for sale by Live to Ride. I just bought a Seat from him, go for it!

Reactions: BarnRat

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Barn Rat, Centerstand in the classifieds for sale by Live to Ride. I just bought a Seat from him, go for it!
Thanks. First I have to find out if the CTX1300 that I bought already has one. I read somewhere where a guy bought a CTX and the dealer had already installed it. It's 5:30 AM local time now. I will call the dealer in a few hours.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I should not speak for Live to Ride, but I think his center stand is sold pending payment.

To me. :smileygarden_de_ban

So I can put on my red rim tape. :smileygarden_de_ban

A center stand makes that job easy.

·
Registered
555 Posts
the deluxe in Canada comes with the center stand part of the deluxe package.

Reactions: BarnRat

·
Super Moderator
5,641 Posts
True. The USA models (both) do not have all the features installed from the factory as the one "deluxe" model has in other countries. We do not get heated grips or center stand and they do with the stock model. These are only available as an add-on accessory here. They also only have the deluxe version. The standard version is unique to the USA. Just like the white color is not available in all countries... like in the USA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Center Stand Difficulty

My Bike came with the center stand. I've had many bikes with center stands including the Honda GL1800 and was able to get it up without a problem but this one is the most difficult to raise.
I think that one of the problems is that there isn't a good place to grab with your right hand. The only grab location that is in the area to every other bike out there is to grab under the edge of the seat and the seat feels loose as it is. I thought there was a problem with my seat latch but I saw another one and it was the same way. I don't really want to lift on the seat to get the bike up. It takes all I've got to put it on the stand. Maybe it was mounted wrong. I'll have to see if I can find the instructions.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My Bike came with the center stand. I've had many bikes with center stands including the Honda GL1800 and was able to get it up without a problem but this one is the most difficult to raise.
I think that one of the problems is that there isn't a good place to grab with your right hand. The only grab location that is in the area to every other bike out there is to grab under the edge of the seat and the seat feels loose as it is. I thought there was a problem with my seat latch but I saw another one and it was the same way. I don't really want to lift on the seat to get the bike up. It takes all I've got to put it on the stand. Maybe it was mounted wrong. I'll have to see if I can find the instructions.
You are not the only one who thinks it is hard to get up on the centre stand. After several attempts and finally committing to let it sit level I got her up on the stand but it is a leap of faith to let her rest on both parts of the stand to get level then push down and lift and she came up on the stand. I am a 6.2 100kg guy and still struggled but I think a lot was thinking it may go over sideways so I was very aware of the weight shift away from me but once you realise the stand is level and the bike is level it wont go any further.

·
Super Moderator
5,641 Posts
Y'all should be able to use the passenger grab rail for the right hand. That would prevent you from the need to bend over to reach lower (on the saddlebag guard if you have it) or risk of using the seat as a less than desirable grab location. I know some looking at my CTX1300 don't notice that it DOES have a passenger grab rail... that molded plastic rib just outside the pillion and directly above the saddlebag latch, in front of where the bungee bolt sticks out! That is the preferred grab location. I've used that with no more difficulty than with my GL1500 when putting that on its center stand. I have done this on a few other member's CTX bikes just to verify how difficult it is... not really any more difficult than other bikes I've owned. The ST does have that nice handle that pulls out for this but with a passenger grab rail something like that is not needed IMHO.

BTW- as mentioned earlier and also in other threads, do not attempt to "LIFT" with your arm. Keep the arm as straight as possible and push the foot lever of the center stand down instead using your right leg. If you get both pads of the center stand touching on level solid ground the bike WILL stand on its own using just your weight on that lever. If you let the stand come up so only one pad is touching all bets are off and you are on your own to balance the bike... same as any other bike I've known.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Too many queries to 'quote' anyone but in the UK only the Deluxe is sold and centre stand is a purchasable option. Lucky that the previous owner installed one on the 2014 bike that I bought a month ago (along with the taller windshield, luggage rack,
I've covered this in another thread but I had terrible trouble getting it up on the stand but cracked it when I found it was easier with the rear wheel slightly higher than the front, a 1/4 inch bit of wood was enough. This has given me the confidence to do it without the wood.

Lots of comments on other threads about cheap fairing plastic and panniers, I'm afraid I have to agree but the rest of the bike is so superb I'm ok with putting up with it, as long as the panniers do their job and last my lifetime!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Y'all should be able to use the passenger grab rail for the right hand. That would prevent you from the need to bend over to reach lower (on the saddlebag guard if you have it)
I find the saddlebag guard a better option for me to engage the center stand, especially with my short arms:smileygarden_de_ban

·
Registered
10 Posts
Installing the center stand can be a challenge especially when connecting the springs. Lot's of suggestions in this forum about that. We did it this way: one guy clipped vice grips tightly on to the spring extension piece. Wrapped a chain around the vice grips, laid the chain on either side of the rear tire, and the second guy grabbed each end of the chain and pulled. I (second guy) put my feet against the rear tire for leverage and found it pretty easy to pull. First guy guided the spring assembly using the vice grips and a small flat head screwdriver. This worked really well and was pretty quick/easy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts