CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As have many others on this forum, I to have complained about the ride (suspension) of the CTX. I did this to the point that I was ready to say good by to my ride after 12,000 kms.
I have been riding for 46 yrs.
Tried out a Indian Chieftain and a BMW 1600gtl. Also tried out both a road glide and a street glide, all bikes were 2015's.
Guess what I discovered? The CTX1300 is an amazing bike for the buck! ... Honest.
It is too bad that Honda has devalued it 50%, at least here in Canada.
It is faster, smoother, quieter, handles better and rides better and has a better stereo system than all of them except the BMW. The fault with the BMW.... to top heavy.
So I am smiling once again. :520:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Thank you. After seeing all the complaining about the ride on the CTX1300, I thought I was losing my mind thinking it was no worse than any other bike I've owned.

The real shame is not the devaluation of it -- it's that Honda has not bothered to market it one bit. Nobody knows a thing about this bike, not even many of their own dealers. I don't care -- I got mine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was just talking about doing the same thing next season, riding everything else I can get my hands on. I'm sure I'll feel the same way... Thanks for the review.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Don't complain

Thank you. After seeing all the complaining about the ride on the CTX1300, I thought I was losing my mind thinking it was no worse than any other bike I've owned.

The real shame is not the devaluation of it -- it's that Honda has not bothered to market it one bit. Nobody knows a thing about this bike, not even many of their own dealers. I don't care -- I got mine.
Well, I too have never understood all of the complaints about the suspension. Every rider is different, but some of these complaints have been extreme and have made me wonder whether, if only I were to spend another few thousand bucks, I could be riding on a magic carpet!!

Reactions: bruceb

·
Registered
101 Posts
So true. I've never heard of it until about a couple weeks before I bought it. I've heard of the CTX 700 and anything CTX to me was that... until I saw it in a video review somewhere and was like.... wait a minute..... that's a V4. Did some more research and couldn't pass on the prices. I also love that it compares the the Guzi California since that was another bike I loved the look of but would never buy one due to dealer support.

·
Registered
279 Posts
magic carpet cost me 1200 and I will likely try progressive rears but honestly it is 90% better with the front done
for the record its ok to be upset with the front end on this bike
it was not built for a 750lb bike that's all
Honda didn't spend any money on the suspension and overcharged for what we got
on the parts list each fork leg is 950
my new Suzuki 2014 vstrom 1000 with fully adjustable usd forks are 650 on there parts list
no its not a dirt bike, but I look for every hole or bump I can find because its so smooth over the hits
don't be a hater because I don't like the suspension just know that I am one of the few to fix it and am now sooo happy that I did
also many many bike have crap suspension.
when I talked to traxxion Dan said the scout was laughable especially the rear

·
Registered
147 Posts
The only complaints I have had with the CTX is the lack of aftermarket parfs and accessories ( especially no pipes!!!) and ground clearance. You can get into throwing this bike in the twisties and get over confident with your lean clearance and scraaaaaaaaaaaaaaape!!!!
Other than that I love it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I actually thought the suspension was going to be worse , I like it ! it feels so in control and a real smooth bike. I'm coming off a bike that weights 842 and a lousy turn radius and a lot of back firing and hard to park and backup that's the Vulcan vaquero 1700 and very slow compared to the V4 , one test drive and I was hooked on the CTX.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts