CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More good news.. Utopia is bringing ina CTX1300 in next couple of weeks to fit a Utopia backrest. I am already on the purchase list!

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
DRIVER'S back rest sir! Utopia does not sell passenger back rest
didn't think they did but just wanted to be sure. I did have a Utopia backrest on my GW. Made a long trip very comfortable. Currently (so far on this bike) I've found that when I travel LD I'll have a few dry bags to lean against (see my camping photo gallery in this board) that seem to work as well. I really don't like staying in a motel so when LD traveling I'll likely always have at least one bag against my back. :D

If I decide to add a hitch to this bike I won't have that, would be packing everything in the camper, so would like the option of a backrest.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have sent a request to RIVCO asking how long until they get a trailer hitch for the CTX1300. I miss my cargo carrier that mounts onto the hitch I got the large rivco,, almost 40 inch across

·
Registered
33 Posts
The drivers backrest is what I was hoping someone would make for the CTX1300. This is great news! I am still working on my plans to get a CTX into my garage by the end of the year or early next spring. A driver's backrest is a definite add-on I would want. I am glad to see the aftermarket is starting to bring some items to the table.

Brian

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've contacted Utopia and they got back to me saying they are waiting for the arrival of the first CTX1300 seat to arrive at their R&D department. Once that happens (and they can't guarantee that it will), they'll start producing the backrests.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've contacted Utopia and they got back to me saying they are waiting for the arrival of the first CTX1300 seat to arrive at their R&D department. Once that happens (and they can't guarantee that it will), they'll start producing the backrests.
Yeah that would be mine but He said I would have to get the seat to them by a monday morning and they hope to ship it back out by following monday,,, plus aweek to get it there a week to get it back So a minimum of 3 weeks and I have to be ready to leave by second week of August too close for murphy's law **** it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts