CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my driveway, 0 mph. Lost very little hide and a whole lot of pride:(
The right mirror housing has popped off.It doesn't want to seem to go straight back in. Can anyone post some pictures or tell me where I can find a service guide that would help me in this endeavor? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Just remember, it's only a drop if somebody sees it!

For your mirror cover, check that the tabs in the clips that the pins on the mirror cover snap into are not bent. There are for tabs in each clip, and they need to be exactly the right distance apart. If they're too far apart, they won't 'grab' onto the pins; if they're too close together, you won't get the pins into them. Many times one tab gets bent inward, which doesn't allow the pin to get inserted fully. The tabs bend fairly easily; worse case is if one tab is bent inward too far (a couple of mine were bent so flat that at first I didn't even realize there were tabs there), you'll need to pry it out with a small screwdriver before bending it into place.

The service manual does not have a good picture of these, unfortunately. What I'd suggest is to visually inspect each of the pin clips (three on each side, I believe). Even when the clips are correctly bent, the covers can still be a bit of a bugger to get back on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
In my driveway, 0 mph. Lost very little hide and a whole lot of pride:(
The right mirror housing has popped off.It doesn't want to seem to go straight back in. Can anyone post some pictures or tell me where I can find a service guide that would help me in this endeavor? Thanks in advance.
Get the installation instructions for the replacement housing online. popping it back in is tricky but it will make sense when you read it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Really sorry to hear what happened but can totally relate, picked up a Ducati Diavel last May as I turned into my garage tucked the front end at 5 mph over we went.... broken brake peddle scratched front mudguard (fender) very hurt pride. And then to rub salt in the wound 2 days later it was stolen and a week after that the dealer rang me to say the replacement peddle was in stock.

Hope the repairs go well good luck for the future.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sorry to hear, but on the positive side: now you can enjoy the bike without worrying about the first tip over. And you get a crash course on how to remove the goofy mirrors. I used to fish in bass tournaments and a friend of mine had a simple rule for anyone buying a new boat. Take a screwdriver and scratch it down the side. First scratch done and now you can enjoy fishing.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Fishing boat <> Motorcycle.
But, maybe that's just me......

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts