CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to find a locksmith willing to cut a duplicate key from the blank I purchased online. Locksmith said to bring the motorcycle to his shop so he could verify the duplicate key would work. If it didn't, then no charge for cutting the key. It worked. Yay!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Foothill locksmith in Hayward CA did it for $60 on a blank bought at eBay. It costed high because of special machinery. For comparison, the same locksmith charged $7 for a Yamaha key dupe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Lucky

I guess I got lucky. When I bought my bike, the dealer only had one key. I asked them if they could get me a second key and they gave me a blank one but could not cut it there. I found a locksmith in town (Paso Robles, CA) that cut it for me for $25. I was thinking of getting a third key, just in case.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a locksmith in town (Paso Robles, CA) that cut it for me for $25.
Can you post the name of the locksmith in Paso Robles? Up until January of this year, I would travel to UCSB and always drive through Paso Robles. For that price, I can always use a 3rd key.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Duplicate Key

I had it done at "Paso Robles Lock & Key" on Spring Street. I don't remember the gentleman's name working that Saturday morning. I took the bike and key blank in and he was able to do it. It did not work after the initial cut, but he did a bit of measuring (my key and the blank) and some light filing on the key blank and it works perfectly. Hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
615 Posts
It depends on what type of service you need from the local locksmith.
Psst @WilliamRoy I was responding to this post:

Where the poster indicated he had a duplicate key successfully cut -- so yeah how much did the duplicate key cut cost?

Oh I see SPAM link in your post. -- silly me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts