CTX 1300 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
The E3.38 cannot be set, I discovered upon reviewing their website - one size fits all.

I will run these plugs for a bit longer, and I may slap a set of recommended NGK's to compare before the weather cools.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Today I tested the performance of the new iridium plugs. I felt a small improvement, most noticeably that the front end rose up just a bit more from a standing start. [Startled me the first time.] Worth the $30 for the parts.

Still to do now

• Replace shredded tires
  • Install wheelie control
  • Stiffen suspension
  • Raise rev limiter
  • Lengthen swing arm to compensate for the higher lateral torque.
  • Slipons
  • Dyno.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Spark plug update:

Have seen a couple of threads recently about updated spark plugs. After reading this thread a while back, I replaced the factory plugs with the E3.38’s in September 2018 with 12,872 miles showing. Still have those same plugs in today with just over 33,000 miles on the bike. That’s over 20K miles with ZERO issues. Will probable replace these with another set of the E3.38’s - whenever that is!!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Update on the E3.38’s. Changed mine out today. Installed the same this time. Been in there one week shy of 3 years, and have ~25,100 miles on them. Nary a hiccup with them. Two pics included - one without, one with flash.
Automotive tire Household hardware Automotive lighting Automotive wheel system Gas
Automotive tire Camera accessory Audio equipment Font Auto part

Reactions: Duff
21 - 24 of 24 Posts