I don't think its that bad
it is hot but not so bad
its a really big engine block between our legs
when it seems to be getting bad I just open my legs a little and cool off
I have had a lot worse

·
Registered
413 Posts
Before I bought my CTX, I test-rode a Moto Guzzi Norge, which in many respects would be similar to an ST1300 with the longitudinally-mounted engine mostly encased in plastic. I only ever got up to 50mph on a back road on maybe an 80F-degree day, and it was awfully hot. Like I had to spread my legs out before I made it more than a few miles.

Compared to that, the CTX is downright cool. I notice the heat a bit on hot days, but actually mostly when pushing the engine at higher RPMs, either engine braking downhill or accelerating aggressively in a lower gear.

Jeff

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been riding it to work everyday and it's been in the 90's. I'm not gonna say I don't feel the heat, but coming from a HD Road King, it's nothing.

·
Registered
CTX 1300 MY 2015
2 Posts
Indeed...left an HD FLHTCUSE which was damn hot...Surprised by my new CTX 1300.... smooth and fast enough

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome aboard, Ru61 !!!!

Start a post in the “Introductions” area of the Community section and tell us a little more about you, your bike, and your area. And be sure to include pictures. Yes - we like pictures!!!

Reactions: BravoBravo

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome, Ru61! I have only had my 2014 CTX since the beginning of September, and I have been loving it. I find the amount of engine heat to be inconsequential.
Bruce

·
Registered
21 Posts
Feel free to look at my photo gallery. There is a series of pictures taken with a Flir camera. (Heat signature).
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
The only time I feel any heat that is bothersome is when I stretch out on the highway pegs. My right leg tends to lay on the top rear corner of the cyl head and it is warm.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts