CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some extra time this morning before work (Yeah, I didn't get any recovery time!)
The ride back from Ohio was... less than enjoyable. We ended up following the storms all the way back, and to top it off, one of the tires blew on the car.
Long story short, it was about a 13 hour day on the road, and the only enjoyable part of it was starting out, and laying in bed when I got home.
I do love the stability of the bike though, ended up stuck in stand-still/crawling traffic near I-90 and had no issues rolling along and keeping it upright!
I'm also very impressed with how this bike handles wet roads, I had no point where I felt unstable or like I was going to slide off the road.

I think I'm going to look into investing in a backrest and those handlebar risers...

· Registered
404 Posts
Wait until you get the itch for ponding water stability like we had on way to Wing ding this year. Had wife on the back,, raining so hard traffic on the interstate was down to maybe 15-20 mph.. I got caught in the torrential down pours coming back from west Virginia on my CTX1300 3 weeks ago But I have a bridgestone Drive guard 205/50/ on the rear already. Got spoiled on my wing with the added safety of the rain dispersion and run flat capabilities.. PLUS softer ride from the rear end,,, 30 PSI vs 40 PSI

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.