CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all my 2-wheel brethren! After much thought I have decided to trade in my CTX for a new Goldwing. I have nothing against the CTX I have just found that the Goldwing is best for me now as I use my bike a lot for work, traveling to customers homes all over the place all week long. I also wanted some more features and more storage, etc. I'm moving to a new, black, stage three Goldwing with ABS.

Now, that being said, I am selling off quite a few of my accessories as the dealer is not requiring them for the trade. Actually, he told me to bring it to him as stock as could be.

I will be listing these items on the for sale area of the forum and should have them up by tomorrow, but here's a quick list of items I will be selling:

-Service manual
-Brakeaway throttle lock
-Gear indicator
-Honda tall windshield
-Cee Bailey's tall touring w/Goldwing vent windshield
-Luggage rack
-Passenger backrest
-Rear trunk with lock (w/lock parts so you can rekey it)

All of these items are in mint condition.

Thank you everybody for the help you have given me on the forum, you are a great bunch of guys, and gals!

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
We will miss you but what really matters is that you keep the passion for riding. Your just getting a bigger horse with more gizmos. Good luck selling the bike

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Well, gonna miss you flatlander. The GW is a great bike. I've have a bunch of them. It is almost a motorhome on 2 wheels.
It'll handle those Florida mountains (speed bumps) just fine.
Come back and post a pic of your new ride before you leave for good.
And how are the babies going to ride on the wing?
Good luck and good riding.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Florida mountains (speed bumps)
LOL, and few of those too! Thanks guys for the warm regards. :smiley-party0005: The babies will continue to use the Kuryakyn pet palace in the passenger seat but now I could heat their doggie bums if they get too cold! I will definitely post a pic soon, I pick up on Friday. I'll be around until all the goddies are sold.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Moderator!

Moderator!!

He mentioned doggie bums!!!

Uh oh. Now I said it too!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Sorry to see you leave the fold but the GL bikes are really nice. RV on 2 wheels is about right. No need to be gone for good. I know you'll end up on a Gold Wing forum some place where you'll get lots of good info on that ride. But there is at least some Gold Wing experience right here as well since many members here came from that ride at some point. So stop on in here once in a while to say hi. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
He sorry to see you go.
Heve lots of fun with your new bike or armchair on two wheels.
and like my wife always says: keep the shining site on top!

good luck with the selling of the accesoires

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, gonna miss you flatlander. The GW is a great bike. I've have a bunch of them. It is almost a motorhome on 2 wheels.
It'll handle those Florida mountains (speed bumps) just fine.
Come back and post a pic of your new ride before you leave for good.
And how are the babies going to ride on the wing?
Good luck and good riding.

Well here she is! Just took possession today. Nice 2 hour ride home with her...pretty dang comfortable! Got the ABS model with a black-out kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Well here she is! Just took possession today. Nice 2 hour ride home with her...pretty dang comfortable! Got the ABS model with a black-out kit.
A true Black Beauty she is! And I can tell you are proud of her already. Even though I ask for pictures all the time, I can tell from the way you took the picture, it is true love.
So after tomorrow you should have her ready for the 600 mile service!!!!

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A true Black Beauty she is! And I can tell you are proud of her already. Even though I ask for pictures all the time, I can tell from the way you took the picture, it is true love.
So after tomorrow you should have her ready for the 600 mile service!!!!
LOL! Absolutely! Well I put 9K miles on the CTX in 5 months so I'm sure I'll catch up to that swiftly. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
That's a fantastic-looking 'Wing; I'm sure you will love it! Enjoy, and keep us posted. You might not have a CTX now, but you still have a Honda soul. :)

Reactions: fdxrider

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, I know this is somewhat of an old post, I would be interested in the gear indicator and service manual, if it's still available. I have the abs model
Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you check the link that he posted, all items are sold except for the tall windshield.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts