CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another hour long video, the result of nearly 3 hours riding so I cut a few 5 minute sections out and also trimmed some of the others as you can only take so much of riding along English country roads!

It was my final training session, test is on 8th August in the afternoon. I will be out for some practice runs on my own to brush up my weak points, some of which are highlighted in the video. I have improved my right hand bends and lifesavers on roundabouts which were two of my worst things.

This video takes you through Gloucestershire, across the Cotswolds, into Worcestershire at Broadway and up 'Fish Hill' which is fabulous on a bike. Long sweeping, and occasionally tightish, bends. To Moreton in Marsh and Barford Park & Arboretum. Back a different route but the whole ride mostly involved 'A' roads and some 'B' roads. Not much in the way of large dual carriageways and no motorway!

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have to tell you mate, those roads scare the H out of me! Those hedge rows are right up against the pavement! I get claustrophobic just watching. Here in the states the laws require a certain amount of clear space between the road and trees in most places. This gives some run off areas and gives you clearer site lines down the road and around corners. I guess it all depends on what you get used to. Why do they allow, or what purpose are the hedge rows that close to the roads?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts