CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it took long enough, but finally got my CTX home!
Riding it was glorious! I haven't connected the Bluetooth yet, but that gave me the chance to really listen to the bike!
Observations- yes, the mirrors suck, particularly the left side.
While lots of people complain about the suspension, I found it smooth, even on the potholes of Pittsburgh.
The whisper purr is like music!
I expected it to be resistant in turns, but it handles nicely, especially for a 800 lb bike. Of which, lifting it on a grade off the side stand is a task. Once vertical, is super balanced.
I love the brakes!!!! I HATE the pegs!
NEEDS REVERSE!
I feel like it handles a lot like the BMW K 1200 LT,( which I am too short for) but even a lower center of gravity, and built for a shorter in stature rider like myself.
Since she was delivered on the back of a pick up, she needs a bath, and some TLC, but love this thing way more than my now for sale Kawasaki Vulcan 1700.
Already getting the "what is that?" questions...tell people, I washed my Goldwing in hot water and it shrunk!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Well, it took long enough, but finally got my CTX home!
Riding it was glorious! I haven't connected the Bluetooth yet, but that gave me the chance to really listen to the bike!
Observations- yes, the mirrors suck, particularly the left side.
While lots of people complain about the suspension, I found it smooth, even on the potholes of Pittsburgh.
The whisper purr is like music!
I expected it to be resistant in turns, but it handles nicely, especially for a 800 lb bike. Of which, lifting it on a grade off the side stand is a task. Once vertical, is super balanced.
I love the brakes!!!! I HATE the pegs!
NEEDS REVERSE!
I feel like it handles a lot like the BMW K 1200 LT,( which I am too short for) but even a lower center of gravity, and built for a shorter in stature rider like myself.
Since she was delivered on the back of a pick up, she needs a bath, and some TLC, but love this thing way more than my now for sale Kawasaki Vulcan 1700.
Already getting the "what is that?" questions...tell people, I washed my Goldwing in hot water and it shrunk! View attachment 47754
What is that?? Tell them a Goldwing and a BMW had a baby.
I was approached in a parking lot. Told him it was listed as a touring bike but handled more like a sport bike. He said, I noticed that.
Have fun with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts