CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new red CTX yesterday. (Always wanted a red bike)
This is by far the nicest bike I ever owned or rode. It was great being able to pick a $1000 in accessories. I got the Trunk, Center Stand, Larger Wind Screen and a few other goodies. The trunk was simple to install except for the lock which took about 45 minutes to assemble. Need good eyesight to see the small parts. The center stand was easy to install but the springs were a bear to get hooked. I had the dealer install the tall windscreen since I was not sure how the mirrors were removed. I will be ordering larger grips in the near future to replace the small OEM's. The audio system works fine. I was not able to get an older iPod to play via usb so I just burned everything to a thumb drive which works fine. Speakers are not bad sounding. I wear hearing aids that are Bluetooth capable and was able to connect them to the bikes audio system. I can now listen to music while riding. Have not had any shifting problems. Seems very smooth.
I'm a very happy Honda customer.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
Hey man! I got my bike yesterday too! The 1000 dollars in accessories is awesome. I ordered the tall windshield, center stand, rear carrier, trunk base, 12v accessory socket, and passenger backrest with pad (can red). I have only had my new bike for 18 hours and I already have 100 miles on it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
83 Posts
The center stands are always a bear because of the springs. What many do is take a bunch of pennies, and put them into the spring until it is long enough to reach the hooks in the "up" position. Then you put down the stand, and the pennies fall out. DONE.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey man! I got my bike yesterday too! The 1000 dollars in accessories is awesome. I ordered the tall windshield, center stand, rear carrier, trunk base, 12v accessory socket, and passenger backrest with pad (can red). I have only had my new bike for 18 hours and I already have 100 miles on it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Did you get all that for a thousand dolars , Her in Aust , i was quoted $1400 just for the back rest and luggage rack ,, needless to say , i suppose thats why there has not been any sold in my state , In fact salesman told me yesterday i have been the only enquiry they have had .

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did you get all that for a thousand dolars , Her in Aust , i was quoted $1400 just for the back rest and luggage rack ,, needless to say , i suppose thats why there has not been any sold in my state , In fact salesman told me yesterday i have been the only enquiry they have had .
the price difference between US and AUS is pretty extreme it seems.

For $1400 US you could get almost all the accessories except the chrome and the foglights.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The price difference is very extreme , with most manufactureres ,, That dealer actualy is the only dealer in the state who has one , They actually took 4 weeks to get back to me on the price of the backrest , and that included . ringing them 3-3 occasions and going in person twice .. When i reneged on buying , the salesman went into a tirade , about him putting a lot of time in to finding out about the parts , It was comical , i rang that dealer on no less than 4 occasions to ask if the ctx 1300 was in , only to be told no and they don't know when , Imagine the look on ,my face when i rang on a thurs , and was told they don't know when they take delivery if in fact they do ,, then on the friday , i just happenned to be driving past , stopped for a look around , and seen a red one there on the floor .

They still have it .

I did ring an interstate dealer , and he gave me aprice for the backrest and luggage rack , of $1200 plus fitting , although he has none available and says possibly 8-10 weeks .. All in all , i'm finding Honda dealers very hard to deal with , so i think a new storm may be on the horizen . Dealers in my state are virtually telling me they don't want to stock the bike , because they doubt it will sell , and then they will get no assistance of Honda and be stuck with it , end up losing money .. I'm being told of 3 dealers who don't have one that i'm the ONLY ENQUIRY they have had .

The one who does have one well , after his denying he had them in stock ha ha , trying to smack my arse on inflated accesorie prices , and going into a tirade about the hard work he has done , too spend 4 weeks finding out the price of the accessorie , well he can keep it . I don't want to deal with him anyway .

·
Registered
48 Posts
The price difference is very extreme , with most manufactureres ,, That dealer actualy is the only dealer in the state who has one , They actually took 4 weeks to get back to me on the price of the backrest , and that included . ringing them 3-3 occasions and going in person twice .. When i reneged on buying , the salesman went into a tirade , about him putting a lot of time in to finding out about the parts , It was comical , i rang that dealer on no less than 4 occasions to ask if the ctx 1300 was in , only to be told no and they don't know when , Imagine the look on ,my face when i rang on a thurs , and was told they don't know when they take delivery if in fact they do ,, then on the friday , i just happenned to be driving past , stopped for a look around , and seen a red one there on the floor .

They still have it .

I did ring an interstate dealer , and he gave me aprice for the backrest and luggage rack , of $1200 plus fitting , although he has none available and says possibly 8-10 weeks .. All in all , i'm finding Honda dealers very hard to deal with , so i think a new storm may be on the horizen . Dealers in my state are virtually telling me they don't want to stock the bike , because they doubt it will sell , and then they will get no assistance of Honda and be stuck with it , end up losing money .. I'm being told of 3 dealers who don't have one that i'm the ONLY ENQUIRY they have had .

The one who does have one well , after his denying he had them in stock ha ha , trying to smack my arse on inflated accesorie prices , and going into a tirade about the hard work he has done , too spend 4 weeks finding out the price of the accessorie , well he can keep it . I don't want to deal with him anyway .
Hi Coneye

What state are in? I'm in western Sydney and my dealer has sold 4 of these beasts already. They were really helpful and did a great deal for me on the top box.

cheers

steve

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
It does seem that even here in the US certain dealers are very good about being helpful and wanting to sell anything they can get in stock from the manufacturer. Other dealers are really bad and don't give a crap about selling anything they don't want to bother with and don't care about the customer but only about selling the bike styles they like. Those dealers really don't even want to carry some models of bikes and only have them because Honda pushes them to stock. My local dealer (where I did NOT buy my bike) is in between. They are reluctant to stock anything they don't seem to understand and don't deal with the customer on price or availability unless pushed really hard, and even then don't give much on pricing. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to "my other dealer" (3 hours away) but then going there is a good trip and excuse to ride. :)

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
When I was in college, 20 years ago, I stopped into the Honda dealership across from the campus. I wanted a motorcycle BAD. I talked to the salesman, and I guess I looked too scruffy because he wouldn't even let me sit on the bikes without standing right beside me. I saw a few used bikes, and a few new ones (fell in love with a brand new Pacific Coast). I was hungry for a motorcycle, so I applied for credit, and was basically laughed out of the showroom. He said I would need a $5000 down payment, and they would only finance about $2000 anyway. What can I say... I was a broke-a$$ college kid with long hair and starry eyes.
Fast-forward to just a few months ago. I walked into the exact same dealership, still owned by the exact same guy. I was shopping for a Valkyrie, possibly a F6B, but ended up really falling for the red CTX1300 deluxe. I applied for a loan, and this time things were a little different. I got zero down payment, 72-month financing, 3-months deferred first payment and just paid $200 for the backrest/rear rack. They even gave me about 20 Honda pens to pass out to my students haha.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
did you warn them that some of your students may be in to apply for financing? :eek: :520:
Ha! Two of my kids ride Honda dirt bikes, they LOVED the pens. But it will be a few years before my sixth-graders will be able to pass for even a scruffy college student. :D

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
Yup, all that for $1000. In fact... I got it for $971 and some change.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have noticed/heard that due to the market now, lending rates, etc, it's almost EASY to get financing these days. 6 year loans, deferred payments, low rates, etc. Stuff they wouldn't have even thought of offering some years ago.

Now, I'm ready to go in and figure out the nitty gritty. Gonna get out the door quotes from two dealers, and go with the cheaper one. reputation also matters though. if one place knocks off a few hundred more but their service sucks, that's not worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts