·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
437 Posts
And as a bonus, after riding at that temperature, you can successfully audition for the Vienna Boys' Choir...:)

And why did you let someone pour red paint over your blue bike?:520:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not red paint, that's sunburn! :D

Reactions: HansenCTX

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I keep saying that blue bike looks like different colors in different light!
:D

Was that temp most of last week. Expecting 40s to 60s all next week in the afternoon (still 20s in the morning though). So far have been able to ride almost every day the last week.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice weather here today... sadly still about 6 inches of hard pack snow on the driveway (and it's ~200 yards long) plus roads are coated in salt... so no motorcycle until later in March, or early April for me!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I shoveled a 30 inch wide path from my garage to the road. I was able to ride a bike to work this morning.

I don't worry too much about the salt. It washes off.

I'm not a fan of snow. I've always said my next job will be further south. Now I'm thinking my next job should be in Hawaii.

Reactions: shane

·
Registered
413 Posts
Rode for the first time in 2015 yesterday. After what felt like months of super low temps we had sunshine and 46*F so the bike came out of the garage and I went out for a nice roll through my favorite local loop. Snow still on the ground and roads wet with streams of it melting off -- thought I might finally feel traction control kick in but the tires handled it just fine.

The bike sounded louder than I remembered. It was really growly and exciting. Probably just me being hypersensitive.

I'm a happy man.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bike sounded louder than I remembered. It was really growly and exciting. Probably just me being hypersensitive.

I'm a happy man.
Have to say, that sound is awesome! :D

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
:) 50* on the drive home from work today :)

:( But still a good 2" of icy slush on the shaded part of my driveway -- which just happens to be the 20 or so feet right against the garage. :(

Could possibly get it out this weekend if we get a few more days like this; but the roads are now all mud puddles because of all the melting and the sand and salt they've thrown down over the 8,000 snow storms we've had this winter. We haven't just gotten near record snowfall, it's come in a lot of different storms, all plowable, and all needing their own truckloads of sand and salt. It would really be a messy and dangerous ride right now, so it's probably going to be a few mores weeks for me. And then all that mud turns to sand when the puddles are gone, just adding more to the not-fun-ness of the prospect of riding. I will get out there ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts