CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Houston. Thank you for allowing me to contribute to the forum. The CTX first piqued my interest when I saw it on the showroom floor last summer while getting a tire installed on my V-Strom. I've had my eye on the CTX 1300 ever since that time, and I've read every review and posting I could find on the CTX 1300, hoping to find some negative review or chronic issue with the bike that would be a deal breaker. The bike is not cheap, and I guess I was looking for a justifiable reason not to let go of my hard-earned money. The factory-to-dealer incentives & Honda rebates that are running now put the bike a little more in my comfort zone, so I took the plunge. I'm delighted to say that I'm now the proud owner of a blue CTX1300 Deluxe, and I could not be happier. It's been cold & raining here over the past couple of weeks, so I've only managed to put a little over 200 miles on it, but I must say I was griming ear-to-ear on each of those miles. Can't wait for the first road trip!

Reactions: V0X

· Registered
116 Posts
Lazelod,

Awesome to hear that you took the plunge!!! I too just bought a ctx1300 yesterday. As you said the factory and dealer rebates make this purchase a no brainer!!

One thing you might want to buy are the Cee Baileys Side bag liners. See this video at minute number 9:20 for a good look.

http://youtu.be/fQRPEBwufjA

They will keep your stuff from falling out from the side since the side bags are not top loading

Have a great ride!

Tony

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Congrats and welcome @Lazelod.
be sure to browse through the CTX1300 Tech Section forums here for more info on those panier liners. There are a few members who have bought some and posted about them. I really don't have any issue with stuff falling out. I guess cuz I've never had top loading paniers. My GL1500, ST1100, and this CTX are all clamshell side opening. I do put loose stuff in stuff sacks or ditty bags so I can just grab the one I want rather than all the stuff at once. They work best for me.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
@Lazelod,
Wooohooo, it's blue.....
Welcome aboard. I also see you have the wonderful pcx150. Great scoot for running around. Be careful with that grin...don't want to ruin the biker image :wink:
#1 complaint here has been the weather. Many suffering PMS.
Sounds like you may have already read most of the posts here before joining....?? Look forward to your impressions and thoughts later. (and pics)

· Premium Member
907 Posts
Welcome and congrats, Lazelod! You will LOVE this bike. We can't wait to see some pics! :)

· Premium Member
80 Posts
Congrats!! Welcome to the forum!! The more miles you put on this bike the more you will love it!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.