CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
2014 CTX 1300
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from Ontario, Canada! I've been looking for a bike the last month or so to do a major mile trip with hopefully next year, it involves Canada and the US. I have become very interested in the CTX, first the 700 and now the 1300. I have watched many videos, read articles and have lurked here and it has become apparent that only a CTX1300 will fill the void I have for a mid size tour er. I'm coming from a V Strom 650 which was great. In Ontario currently there are only 2 for sale, both 2014's, below 20,000 kms and both 4 to 6 hours away. One is at a dealer the other privately owned and which is the one I have chosen, bought new by the current owner, I have the certified cheque and will leave early Sunday and report back Sunday evening!

Registered
Congrats and welcome to the world of the ctx 1300 from London Ontario.

Registered
Welcome Rumbles. There are a few of us in Ontario around the GTA and sourrounding area. Where exactly are you ? I picked up a red CTX1300 a few months ago and have enjoyed doubling the mileage on it this summer. It had only 3300KM when i got it. Good luck on sunday !

Registered
Welcome, @Rumbles !!!!

Make sure when tying down the front end, that you run your straps around the forks at the lower triple tree. About the only place you can to keep from damaging body panels. Hauled mine on a UHaul open m/c trailer over 1,200 miles each way last month with nary a scratch.

Registered
2014 CTX 1300
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Rumbles. There are a few of us in Ontario around the GTA and sourrounding area. Where exactly are you ? I picked up a red CTX1300 a few months ago and have enjoyed doubling the mileage on it this summer. It had only 3300KM when i got it. Good luck on sunday !
Thanks, I was surprised to see so many CTX riders near by, I live in LaSalle near Windsor, the bike is in KIngston, going to be a long day.

Registered
2014 CTX 1300
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, @Rumbles !!!!

Make sure when tying down the front end, that you run your straps around the forks at the lower triple tree. About the only place you can to keep from damaging body panels. Hauled mine on a UHaul open m/c trailer over 1,200 miles each way last month with nary a scratch.
Thank you, good advise. I have soft straps and now will pack some duct tape to cover any areas close to a strap.

Registered
As for the rear - just looped a strap through the rear wheel - one from each side - with a small towel to keep from marring the wheel paint.

Registered
Welcome, Rumbles. I am in London. I met up with e.ramsay recently and went for a short ride with him. It will be great to have another CTX1300 in the area! Good luck with your purchase!
Cheers,
Bruce

Registered
2014 CTX 1300
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome, Rumbles. I am in London. I met up with e.ramsay recently and went for a short ride with him. It will be great to have another CTX1300 in the area! Good luck with your purchase!
Cheers,
Bruce
Thanks Bruce, I notice you have silver rims on both those bikes which I thought were non Deluxe models, but as far as I am aware Canada only received the Deluxe model. The one I am going to look at has black rims.

Super Moderator
Thanks Bruce, I notice you have silver rims on both those bikes which I thought were non Deluxe models, but as far as I am aware Canada only received the Deluxe model. The one I am going to look at has black rims.
That's right. The rims and swing arm pivot panel color varies by country. But ONLY in the USA are there Deluxe (blacked out colors) and Standard (silver colors) models. And our Deluxe model is still even missing a few features that come standard in every other country... like heated grips and a center stand.

Registered
Both the bikes you see in the pic are deluxe models, with Bluetooth sound system, ABS, self-cancelling turn signals, heated grips, centre stand, etc. I don鈥檛 know about the rim colour, but only deluxe models were sold in Canada.

Registered
2014 CTX 1300
Discussion Starter #16
Both the bikes you see in the pic are deluxe models, with Bluetooth sound system, heated grips, centre stands, etc. I don鈥檛 know about the rim colour, but only deluxe models were sold in Canada.
Strange this one has black rims, heated grips, centre stand abs and traction control. One owner purchased new I would assume here in Canada.

Registered
Rumbles, it seems the only difference between the bike you are buying, and mine and Ed鈥檚, is the rims. Maybe Honda sold a few Deluxe models with black rims, and most with silver?

Premium Member
Welcome aboard @Rumbles. Don鈥檛 matter how ya get it home ride/trailer. The important thing will be the mile wide grin when you realize it鈥檚 really yours. Great ride. Stay safe.

Registered
2014 CTX 1300
Discussion Starter #20
Rumbles, it seems the only difference between the bike you are buying, and mine and Ed鈥檚, is the rims. Maybe Honda sold a few Deluxe models with black rims, and most with silver?
Maybe this was the last one down the assembly line and they used what ever parts they had leftover LoL!
馃槉

1 - 20 of 31 Posts