CTX 1300 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Super Moderator
Or maybe the PO swapped out the rims for black or even possibly painted the rims? Usually all the models with black rims also have the black side panels (foot peg bracket or swing arm pivot cover or what ever Honda decides to call it), and all models with silver rims have the silver panels. I've never seen one with black rims and a silver panel before.

Hey! It's Sunday! Safe travels today (and always).

Registered
Or maybe the PO swapped out the rims for black or even possibly painted the rims? Usually all the models with black rims also have the black side panels (foot peg bracket or swing arm pivot cover or what ever Honda decides to call it), and all models with silver rims have the silver panels. I've never seen one with black rims and a silver panel before.
Hey! It's Sunday! Safe travels today (and always).
I think you have pinpointed the reason for this apparent anomaly. The PO must have either replaced or repainted the factory rims. 馃憤

Registered
2014 CTX 1300
Discussion Starter #23
Well I'm back 1300 kms and on the road for 14 hours, the bike was a huge disappointment. The right side saddle lid had a pretty major deep scuff through the paint, the battery cover was loose, the part it clips into on the cowling was broken off and has had some kind of crude repair had been done, other plastics seemed loose, possibly more tabs/ pins broken/ missing. I also did not like the way it looks with the wheels a different colour than the large side panels. I wouldn't care all black or all silver but matching. There is no explanation for it but there must be a story behind it. Life goes on.

Registered
Well I'm back 1300 kms and on the road for 14 hours, the bike was a huge disappointment. The right side saddle lid had a pretty major deep scuff through the paint, the battery cover was loose, the part it clips into on the cowling was broken off and has had some kind of crude repair had been done, other plastics seemed loose, possibly more tabs/ pins broken/ missing. I also did not like the way it looks with the wheels a different colour than the large side panels. I wouldn't care all black or all silver but matching. There is no explanation for it but there must be a story behind it. Life goes on.
That bike in Concord that Scott found looks like it has your name on it! Only 14000 km, about the same as mine had when I bought it in September.
Good luck, and don't give up!
Bruce

Registered
That sucks. But I echo previous statements, do not give up. Part of the charm of these bikes is their obscurity relative to other bikes. Of course the hunt can be tough. Good luck and please keep us updated!

Premium Member
The first one I looked at, (and thought I was going to buy) was similar in that it was a huge disappointment. I walked away also. The one I ended up finding was a bit longer trip, but $500 less and with fewer miles on it and in 鈥渓ike new鈥 condition. Don鈥檛 give up. I鈥檓 super glad I found one. Great bike for long trips, and short ones too.
Jeff

Premium Member
Great choice in the CTX1300 purchase! Bravo! Welcome to the group. I hope we get to meet and ride one day.

Peace,
Chris

Registered
2014 CTX 1300
Discussion Starter #29
Hey guys just wanted to thank you for your input. I just got back from a trip that included looking at another CTX it also was a disappointment. Long story short I ended up with a 2020 Kawasaki Vaquero that was greatly reduced and will be picking it up Friday. Regards hopefully we will cross paths some time.

Registered
@Rumbles - safe riding no matter what you ride. Though I'd say if you ended up on a Kawasaki Vaquero -- the CTX 1300 was never gonna be a good fit for you - TWO totally different bikes. Now had you ended up on a Kawasaki Concours - I would be less perplexed. In the end you ride what you enjoy!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts