CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got approved today for some time off since we have a room down for two weeks...馃コ馃コ....Yes!!! 5 whole days of riding. My first long solo trip...This should be interesting. So Niagara Falls here I come!!!! My goal is to Ride a little of the Midland trail, see the new river gorge bridge, and some back roads to spruce knob. Ride along Lake Erie to Cleveland to have out with a group of friends. Do a little riding through Amish country in Ohio and some Kentucky back roads on the way back. Just A lot of back roads with no rushing.

I was supposed to do this last but took out Niagara Falls due to covid.
I'll keep y'all posted on what I see and do.

Kevin

Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe
Good for you, I hope you have an amazing safe ride. We all need to get our and ride more. I can't even imagine how beautiful the scenery will be on your ride.

Thanks,
James

Premium Member
Just keep it under 3 digits, so you can see the scenery.:whistle:

Reactions: Stlburd2

Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
So I just got approved today for some time off since we have a room down for two weeks...馃コ馃コ....Yes!!! 5 whole days of riding. My first long solo trip...This should be interesting. So Niagara Falls here I come!!!! My goal is to Ride a little of the Midland trail, see the new river gorge bridge, and some back roads to spruce knob. Ride along Lake Erie to Cleveland to have out with a group of friends. Do a little riding through Amish country in Ohio and some Kentucky back roads on the way back. Just A lot of back roads with no rushing.

I was supposed to do this last but took out Niagara Falls due to covid.
I'll keep y'all posted on what I see and do.

Kevin
Love this! I did Niagara Falls a few years ago. Took a little more than a week and did a cross country trip. The BMW MOA international rally was in Hamburg NY that year, so I knew I would meet a lot of great folks too. I made a Youtube series about the trip. Good times!

Have fun!

Chris

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well there was a change of plans last minute due to the rain going north east. So I ended up going to key west. That was another ride on my to do list.... great ride. The seven mile bridge didn't seem seven miles due to the traffic. But was a great thing to see.
I did hit 20000 miles on one of my lunch breaks!!!馃コ馃コ

My first solo ride went well over all but my first iron butt attempt didn't go as I wanted. I have to say thats not something I will have under my belt. I'm only good for 12 riding total. I know my body and my limitations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts