CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put a little over 200 miles on my CTX in the first week. What's not to like?! It is so smooth on the highway. The reviews were spot on about wind. I feel a little pressure on my shoulders but no head buffeting. Riding into a headwind there is a little more wind noise than I would like, but I think that is more of an issue with my helmet than the bike. If I put my hand up to my throat underneath the helmet the noise lessens somewhat. Of course I'm anticipating this will not be an issue when I get the touring screen installed. Interestingly I can go through corners (curves) as well, if not even better, than I did on my NC700. I feel like I'm sitting IN the CTX and not ON it. So far I've only been able to ride it up to around 60 mph since I live 100 miles from the Interstate and I don't egregiously break speed limit laws. I feel much more confident on the highway and should add much more comfortable. Because of the smoothness I don't get the tingling in my hands from handlebar vibration like on the NC. The only fault I find with the bike is the mirrors, but it is something I can adjust to. Although, I think if Honda had simply moved the brake fluid reservoirs about 1" toward center on each side the matter would be solved. This Saturday I will get the center stand, touring windscreen, rear carrier and backrest installed.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
<snip> I don't egregiously break speed limit laws. <snip>
Then how do you break the speed limit? :520:
@revdan, you experience is much the same as mine. I have been on the superslap a few times and only twice opened the throttle to see how she would perform. I've been enjoying the few rides so much, I hardly ever get over 60 just because I'm enjoying it at that speed.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
On the other hand, we see the speed limit as a suggestion. (only in the country roads)
We are going for classes in two weeks to become better riders at
Motorsport Ranch ? 1.3 Mile Race Course
We have friends with CTX1300 that took the class and have become better riders.
If you want become a better rider, find a track near you for cruiser days. Don't be shy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Finally had a day WITHOUT rain last Saturday.
Wife and I went for a nice easy cruise with a good mix of I 5 and coastal curves.
Spooled right up over 100 mph a couple times, and handles the curves way better than my 05 VTX1300.
I did have it up over 180 km/h briefly without a passenger. Not a regular habit of course.
How much is that in US dollars? lol

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
I rode a Deluxe today on I5 in Tacoma, WA. Purposely broke the speed limit several times.

Great smooth aacceleration from that V4. No vibes are good vibes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts