CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from four days on the road riding two up. Had to really crack down significant other (SO) to get her stuff down to one bag that fit in the Givi trunk. Did 1202 mile loop from mid MO thru eastern Iowa over four days at our own pace with no destinations ahead of time. Weather was great with no rain and highs in the low 80's. SO's first long ride so we didn't push and stopped probably more than I would have riding one up. Bike ran flawless and averaged 44-45 mpg. Not too bad for two up fully loaded I guess. Lots of affirmative comments on CTX from other riders who never saw one before. Also first use of Breakaway Cruise Control. Works as advertised but like any other "throttle lock" requires minor adjustment unless your running level roadway. Picture is in Riverside Iowa, future birthplace of Capt. Kirk from StarTrek.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Picture is in Riverside Iowa, future birthplace of Capt. Kirk from StarTrek.
There ya go. Nice shot of a lovely bike with a place of interest (at least for me). I think the old CTX is better than the bike in the newer ST. 200 more years, I may change my mind.....:350x700px-LL-66dd6d
Glad you had a good 1st trip on it.
I got tired of teaching mine how to pack, so I ride alone.
I just take her for day trips only now. Much more peace in the house.
Stopping often when 2 up is usually a good idea too.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Great pic! Good to know that there are a few other Trekkies around. :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
. Picture is in Riverside Iowa, future birthplace of Capt. Kirk from StarTrek.
Judging by the size of the space ship, he would have to be a Wee Kirk to fit inside...:)

Or is that Scottish?:tongue:

Glad the ride went smoothly.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Year 2000.

Planning and anticipation for our first 2up ride, an 11 day trip on the Pacific Coast Highway on my 1989 Goldwing. "Please don't take too much stuff. Please!!"

Day of departure. Too much stuff. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Clothes fly through the air. "Well then, I'm not going!" Etc.

Some paring down, still too much stuff, but we leave.

Two days later, we stop at a post office. Buy a box. Ship back some of the too much stuff.

Peace breaks out.

PS we ride 150 miles per day. Hence 11 days for a 1,200 mile trip. Still a good time.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@bruceb, and I thought I had patience. I've covered almost that same mileage on my bicycle. Of course that was 25 years and 30lbs ago. :eek: I'm guessing you do that kinda trip just to spend time with her and you still do some nice solo trips?

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
@bruceb, and I thought I had patience. I've covered almost that same mileage on my bicycle. Of course that was 25 years and 30lbs ago. :eek: I'm guessing you do that kinda trip just to spend time with her and you still do some nice solo trips?
Yeah I enjoyed my time riding with the missus, and my time solo.

Note tho my use of the past tense. 2up no more.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Ditto on past tense here also.
Seems like Stlburd2 may have a good riding partner. Guess that means more of his photos will have at least one person in them 'eh?
edit: was just thinking about photo ops. If he had pulled a little forward and raised both hands it could look like he was holding the Enterprise .....oh yeah.....
Next rider there now has an idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts