CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just fitted a small quick release tankbag to my bike...nice and simple 4 x small holes drilled carefully through the dummy tank, 4 x large self tapper stainless screws and 4 x o rings to cushion Picture 993.jpg

Picture 994.jpg

Picture 995.jpg and raise the mount to stop rubbing....job done and dosent interfere with ignition or Bluetooth or tank fuel flap...see pics...cheers and ride safe Garry

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
That is good adaptation! Thanks for sharing. I miss the storage the ST1100 had in the fairing and am looking for a way to gain some on the CTX.

By the way, the white version of this bike is gorgeous! I wish it was available in the states.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Bob. Here's the solution to your side stand puck problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Yeah, I was looking at that. I do like where I have it now though, but may yet add the locking tank bag idea sometime. Will be visiting the Davis Rally after Labor Day, and will have to keep an eye out for a small tank bag like that at the vendors that will be there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use Velcro for attaching things on the plastic. GPS, and tank bag. Use the industrial strength, at Walmart fabric dept. No holes drilled. Works great.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I use the 3M velcro.. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm going to have to do something, fast, my old tank bag took all my 12V in to power radar, audio bridge, BT tx. Givi st602 might work if that phone pocket will hold a iphone 7 PLUS. I was thinking of using blind rubber nuts, the wholes would be bigger but would be good for vibration. I need my radar detector, albeit I am still a little nervous with my first bike over 500lbs.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
@bob, this is where I keep my sidestand puck. Registration as well. I've had it on a couple bikes and they've been great.:smiley-happy0034:

Stash Box Lockable License Plate Storage Box by Twisted Throttle | TwistedThrottle.com

Yeah, I was looking at that. I do like where I have it now though, but may yet add the locking tank bag idea sometime. Will be visiting the Davis Rally after Labor Day, and will have to keep an eye out for a small tank bag like that at the vendors that will be there.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
That small tank bag idea is better for me but I still keep the puck in my fuel door. I need it handy to get at without having to get off the bike since when I need it is when the side would sink right in the dirt while running around the back end to get it. That plate box would be good for the other stuff though... like the owner manual, registration and insurance card, etc.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Ah yes, excellent point. That fuel door idea is brilliant and one I think I'm going to adopt, actually! I think the stash box might be juuuuust shy of being big enough to accommodate the manual. I'll check it out.

That small tank bag idea is better for me but I still keep the puck in my fuel door. I need it handy to get at without having to get off the bike since when I need it is when the side would sink right in the dirt while running around the back end to get it. That plate box would be good for the other stuff though... like the owner manual, registration and insurance card, etc.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
ive just fitted a small quick release tankbag to my bike...nice and simple 4 x small holes drilled carefully through the dummy tank, 4 x large self tapper stainless screws and 4 x o rings to cushion and raise the mount to stop rubbing....job done and dosent interfere with ignition or Bluetooth or tank fuel flap...see pics...cheers and ride safe Garry
Brilliant, I have a magnetic tank bag and I've been trying to get the courage up to remove all the cowling to fix some metal bars or plates to the underneath so I can use it.
I think it will be easier to use your solution and purchase a new tank bag with that sort of fitting! Must get around to figuring out how to remove the cowling at some time though!

Reactions: Stlburd2
1 - 11 of 11 Posts