·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX1300 Basic Model
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just the cap right? Switch sold separately? Where to source?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just the cap right? Switch sold separately? Where to source?

The fog light switch cap replaces the place holder cap that comes with the bike. There is no need to purchase a new switch, you only need this new cap to allow you to have a fully operational switch. You can purchase the fog light switch cap via the following link. Fog Light Switch Cap fits All Honda CTX1300 Motorcycles - PerformanceGadgetStore.com

I’m adding a picture for you to look at it once is installed.
Feel free to send me any more questions you might have. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
As said, the switch is already there under the dummy cap. Even the wires and plug are there under the plastic. The dummy cap has an extra bit of plastic on the underside to prevent pushing it to operate the switch.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Would this be for aftermarket lights added to highway pegs, for example? Is there wiring in place for the lights?

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
500 Posts
Just ordered one!

Reactions: Gcasolino

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would this be for aftermarket lights added to highway pegs, for example? Is there wiring in place for the lights?
A1- Yes, it would work with those lights.
A2- You will need to wire the aftermarket lights. There is a cool post from one of the members that talks about what you would need to do in order to enable the Fog Light Indicator in the panel. This Fog Light Switch Cap replaces the placeholder cap that comes with the bike.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Please pardon the ignorance but I am full of it...

1. The switch is already in place just inoperable as is due to a cover.

2. Your cover makes the switch operable.

3. There is a thread that explains how to wire aftermarket lights and still get a dash indicator.

That sounds fantastic! If I can find the thread explaining the process I will buy the switch cover ASAP!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please pardon the ignorance but I am full of it...

1. The switch is already in place just inoperable as is due to a cover.

2. Your cover makes the switch operable.

3. There is a thread that explains how to wire aftermarket lights and still get a dash indicator.

That sounds fantastic! If I can find the thread explaining the process I will buy the switch cover ASAP!

Troystg - I think this is the thread ----> Fog Indicator Light

·
Registered
679 Posts
Very cool! Thanks for putting that together! I see from the product page: "Carbon Fiber and P.L.A supply "

PLA is a filament for 3D printing, and it makes sense with rapid prototyping that this piece is perhaps made using additive manufacturing methods.

There is even carbon fiber enhanced PLA CarbonX™ PLA+CF 3D Filament | Carbon Fiber Reinforced

I am not exactly sure what filament you are using.. but can you speak to the UVA/UVB protections?

any chance we will see this file on thingverse at some point?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very cool! Thanks for putting that together! I see from the product page: "Carbon Fiber and P.L.A supply "

PLA is a filament for 3D printing, and it makes sense with rapid prototyping that this piece is perhaps made using additive manufacturing methods.

There is even carbon fiber enhanced PLA CarbonX™ PLA+CF 3D Filament | Carbon Fiber Reinforced

I am not exactly sure what filament you are using.. but can you speak to the UVA/UVB protections?

any chance we will see this file on thingverse at some point?
Hi CaliChaos -
You have important questions. The Carbon Fiber and PLA blend make a stable and UV resistant material combination that will likely outlast you and me. Keep in mind that you can paint the part in any color you would like to enhance the protection. I installed my cap over a year ago, and still looking like new. About Thingiverse, I have over a year and many hours researching and trying the correct type of filament to use and even experimenting with different 3D printers, so probably that's not something that I would do. Let me know if you have more questions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Here is a picture of the Evolution of the switch cap from earlier days until today (left to right). - Cheers!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Received my cap.

Should I seal it or paint with anything or is it good as is?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@troystg - That’s fantastic. It’s up to you if you want to paint it. I prefer the natural shine of the material. Once installed, if you don’t mind I would like to see a picture.

I made a quick video of the installation if you are interested in watching it. Click on the original link and you should see it on the product page.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It will be a minute before I can install it. I have the grandkids for the summer so no playing on personal projects for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts