CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting request for forward pegs only brackets and would like to get an idea if it's worth pursuing. I'm thinking the brackets needs to be made of square tubing to give the meaty look. Can I get an Amen from riders who are interested.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next question is do you guys want to see the pegs perpendicular to the bike or angled back about 10- 15 degrees.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I'd have to mock something up to see what the angles look like, but I think I'd probably like to see a 10° angle.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will make it tomorrow at 10 degrees unless we get other replies. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Now that you mention it, I think a bracket for just a peg is of more interest to me.

Even though I has seen your pictures - and watched your installation video, I am still having a hard time visualizing exactly where your brackets/pegs put your feet. Is it possible to post a picture showing your foot on the peg?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Awesome! Thanks.

I assume that the 1" forward would put the peg coming out the center of the square tubing? From the picture, it looks like 1" more would make it quite a reach especially if you did not use the type of peg you have. What do you think?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have kemosabes light foot pegs on my CTX I do a LOT of long distance stuff,, His pegs are life savers. I put over 15,000 miles on my CTX in less than 3 months,, and had some serious leg cramps on my USA 4 corners ride before his mounts. NOW I believe it would be a breeze to repeat that ride,,, which I am seriously considering

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife in the picture shown above is 5'2". The peg hole 1" further will not be a stretch for someone 5'7" or taller. I will post a picture this weekend.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My wife in the picture shown above is 5'2". The peg hole 1" further will not be a stretch for someone 5'7" or taller. I will post a picture this weekend.
I wondered if that was your wife - thanks for clearing that up. I am for sure interested in getting highway pegs somehow. So consider me a potential customer for the "just pegs" design :smile:

I don't know enough to give any opinion about an angle, but your stuff looks great, so I will trust you.

Reactions: Blacknight

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just bought the first generation bracket, but I only wanted it to have forward pegs. Can previous buyers get a discount?

Tony

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tony, Let me make the new model first and see which one you like better. The reason I made the first design to save riders from having to pay the $400 plus Honda wanted for just the light package.

Reactions: Tony

·
Registered
18 Posts
Menosabe, I am interested in the forward peg mounts too. Looks pretty nice in the picture. Having another foot position will definitely make long trips more comfortable.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
82 Posts
forward peg mounts

Menosabe, I am interested in the forward peg mounts too. Looks pretty nice in the picture.
You can contact me via email [email protected]
I live in Canada but can give you a Washington Zip code that you can ship to....
thanks I really need some relief from my right hip

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Count me in to for the forward pegs, thanks. I am 6' tall with a 33" inseam.

Did you ask which pegs we wanted, so as to offer the right size hole for mounting?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would also be interested in these.....:smile:

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Today I made a 1 1/2" square bracket without the LED light hole. The bracket is perpendicular and the peg is mounted 10 degrees backwards. The bracket in the pictures you see are raw metal just to give you an idea (if you squint) of what chrome would look like. I'm guessing most people would rather have black powder coating. Try to ignore the other bracket I suspended out of the way so you guys can see the square design. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 111 Posts