CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found the Cause - MICE :
I am the person that has the CTX1300 that was running 3 seconds then cutting off,,, well MICE built a home in my bike in just 1 week parked in my garage,,, i have no injector firing in FI 1, even after repairing wires up and clearing the DTC codes,
- performed continuity tests on ALL FI wires and MAP sensor back to ECU after repairs,,, all wires good now,,,,
FI 1 Harness plug will NOT fire the fuel injector oncylender 1 or any cylinder, i believe there is no signal coming down the pink wire on FI 1 plug harness ,,
  • when i switch plug with ( FI 2 harness plug ) for a second the injector for Cylinder 1 it will fire cylender 1s injector telling me injector for cylinder 1 is good .its good
  • BUT when placing FI 1 harness plug on cylinder 2 injector it does not fire,,
( no injector on any cylinders will fire off ( FI 1 harness wire plug ) even after all wires repaired,,,)
- battery voltage on Black wire good, signal wire has good continuity back to ECU on ( FI 1 harness plug)
  • i believe the constant 12v shorted to the ECU at signal wire for ( FI 1 ) frying the ECU,
  • I ordered a ECU -
- MAP 12 code comes back as soon as the bike is started and the bike shuts straight off,, 1 long and 2 short is the ONLY code im getting now,,,
Bike ONLY runs - and not bad - when diag jumper is in place - ( pipe for cylinder not hot )

• I created a test lead with pin and i measured a good ground on pin 1 and good 5v on MAP sensor pin 3, when bike running -
  • I have 2.0 volts on middle wire of map sensor and it fluctuates well from 2v to 3.2v when i rev the bike gently-
( also verified good signals back to ECU for all wires for MAP sensor ) they were not damaged -
  • if i unplug the map sensor in diag mode the bike almost dies so i believe the MAP sensor is doing its job,
  • I believe the map sensor is Good and this flashing 12 code is yet another symptom of a fried ECU due to shorted battery voltage sent up FI 1 plug wires , and FI 2 injector plug wires,,,
- looking for MAP sensor,,, location - Ohm testing procedure.../

Looking for the 12 code meaning -

Ctx 1300 starts perfect, then shuts off after 3 seconds ???? Got half tank of gas,,,
Does it even when stand is up,
Parked it 3 days ago and it ran perfect
Been a flawless bike for 7 k miles,,,,
While running there is no error lights,,,
Help ,,,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
5,440 Posts
Only time I've heard of that is with a plugged fuel filter or other fuel line obstruction. Gas can seep past the blockage enough while not running to get it to start for a short time and then it becomes fuel starved right away. Maybe bad gas?

Perhaps some Seafoam or other fuel cleaner additive to clean the ports?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to perfectly timed,,, like exactly 3 seconds.
And I just had the battery charging a couple days,,,, I'm thinking electrical,,,, where is the fuel
filter ???

·
Registered
538 Posts
It seems to perfectly timed,,, like exactly 3 seconds.
And I just had the battery charging a couple days,,,, I'm thinking electrical,,,, where is the fuel
filter ???
nice timing.. recent thread:

I would disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes and see if there is any change. If it is indeed exactly 3 seconds from start to stall it almost seems like electrical related ; perhaps safety related like @J.Klepac says below. The side stand switch is OK, but then shorts out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK now the neutral light STOPS coming on even when it is in neutral,,,, can someone please tell me where the neutral switch is located on the transmission of the bike..
I believe that is the issue

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trying to locate the Neutral Indicator switch on my CTX1300,,
Bike is having a wacky issue where it starts and runs 3 seconds EXACTLY - EVERY time ) and shuts off,,, NOT the neutral indicator stooped working,,, i believe im getting close,,,, does anyone know where this switch is located,,, it has to be on the transmission correct///????

·
Registered
538 Posts
Im trying to find the exact part here:

I thought it would be in PEDAL, but Im not seeing it listed

but while I search.. here are some related discussions

·
Super Moderator
5,440 Posts
Amazingly not on the transmission!
Looked over a few diagrams at my fav parts place and finally found it.
It's item number 10 on this parts listing for the Crankcase. On the right side of the engine somewhere below the middle of the right cylinder bank.
Same for both Standard and Deluxe models.

2014 Honda CTX1300 AC CRANKCASE | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only time I've heard of that is with a plugged fuel filter or other fuel line obstruction. Gas can seep past the blockage enough while not running to get it to start for a short time and then it becomes fuel starved right away. Maybe bad gas?

Perhaps some Seafoam or other fuel cleaner additive to clean the ports?
Pulled the fuel pump ,. Sprayed out the filter. ,, It's clear ,,,, does anyone have a procedure for how to jump the fuel pump, and the oil pressure sensor

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ctx 1300 starts perfect, then shuts off after 3 seconds ???? Got half tank of gas,,,
Does it even when stand is up,
Parked it 3 days ago and it ran perfect
Been a flawless bike for 7 k miles,,,,
While running there is no error lights,,,
Help ,,,,,,,
I've been following this tread for a few days and I wanted to toss into the ring another perspective. I recently renovated a late model GoldWing and we found a tip sensor above the motor that had gotten wet and shorted out. The symptoms were the same, runs for a few seconds and shuts down. We found that the sensor automatically shuts off the fuel system should the bike fall over. (heaven forbid). The tip sensor (my term not the official term) I ended up buying online that solved my issue. It sounds like you may also have a defective tip sensor. Now finding it may be a whole adventure to itself, and on my CTX I do not recall seeing it and I have been pretty deep into mine already.
Sorry I don't have more specific details and perhaps there are others here that can fill in the blanks....I hope this helps....Good Luck....I will be following this thread to see how you progress so I hope you let us know what you find.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been following this tread for a few days and I wanted to toss into the ring another perspective. I recently renovated a late model GoldWing and we found a tip sensor above the motor that had gotten wet and shorted out. The symptoms were the same, runs for a few seconds and shuts down. We found that the sensor automatically shuts off the fuel system should the bike fall over. (heaven forbid). The tip sensor (my term not the official term) I ended up buying online that solved my issue. It sounds like you may also have a defective tip sensor. Now finding it may be a whole adventure to itself, and on my CTX I do not recall seeing it and I have been pretty deep into mine already.
Sorry I don't have more specific details and perhaps there are others here that can fill in the blanks....I hope this helps....Good Luck....I will be following this thread to see how you progress so I hope you let us know what you find.....
First thank you for the message, on my bike has been down for 4 days or so, do you know how I can eliminate the oil pressure sensor, and then I will go after the tip sensor, wherever it is, I did have a car the fuel rail sensor went bad, it's job was the same, in case of an accident if the car tipped or rolled it would shut off the fuel

·
Registered
164 Posts
there is a 'tip sensor' called: bank angle sensor.
I checked the service manual here are some prints:
Schermafbeelding 2020-08-21 om 21.10.33.png Schermafbeelding 2020-08-21 om 21.13.59.png

Hopefully it will help you
I haven't read anything about motor stops after 3 seconds
The only time i have had troubles with starting the bike the air filter had to be replaced.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have you checked the oil level? Almost all engines have low oil cutoff sensors. It takes a second or three for it to register.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
What blows my mind is no one on thisforum can tell me exactly where my neutral switch / Oil Pressure switch is.. OR how to test them with a meter,,,

I been a member since my bike was new ,, It runs perfect for 3 seconds,,, then shuts off,, and NO ONE here can help me exactly with steps to check ...
No master members . ?? no one to guide me through the process.../
OK well WHEN,,, not IF your bike does the same thing I can tell u the dealer wants 100 an hour,, and first 400 is for plastic removal,,, I am a 60 year old vet and cant pay that..
SO my bright shinny CTX1300 is sitting in my garage for 2 weeks because it starts perfect,, and runs,,, 3 seconds... really ,
Then if I JUST cycle the kill switch, hear the fuel pump cycle,, it starts perfect and runs again,,, 3 seconds,,
Oil pressure light goes out when it starts,, and comes on AFTER it shuts off,,
When its in neutral with kick stand up and clutch in it still does it...
disconnected battery for 3 days,,,, same thing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egbb4KWKgx4&feature=youtu.be
Link to the bike running and shutting off ….

·
Super Moderator
5,440 Posts
The problem, for me at least, is that I've never experienced nor heard of exactly this issue on any bike so I don't know where to start. I don't currently have the service manual or I would be able to find a starting point at least and assist. The service manual has troubleshooting info for a great many issues that can happen and I'm sure it would have something that at least relates to a similar problem for somewhere to start. The SM also shows how to test all the sensors. This issue is just so unique in my experience.

From your last post (17) I would say that your oil pressure sensor is possibly fine. Normal for the light to go out when the engine starts and turn on again when it stops. At least as long as it doesn't go out just before the engine stops (which you stated it does not and your video indicates normal for that).

I hesitate to say this but it is possible there is a problem with the ECU that cannot be reset by the normal process (battery disconnect and reconnect). I say "hesitate" 'cuz that's an expensive item. But if that's what it is you'd have to pay the parts price for it regardless if you let the dealer replace it or you replace it. The big difference there is the dealer will charge you all that extra for plastic removal and troubleshooting. Again, the SM does have procedures to test much of the ECU functions I think.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for the answer ;)))
I would like to know if there is a ECU test....??? and is there a neutral switch test..? where is the neutral sensor,,?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts