CTX 1300 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Looking for code 12 it looks like a fuel injector problem.

View attachment 45820
View attachment 45821
I very confused,,,, lol
in service manual on page 4-9 ( chapter 4, )
it shows a chart showing 1 long and 2 short as a MAP sensor - high voltage -
- and on the diagram u show - same diagram in chapter 4 it shows a 12 as FI1 which makes PERFECT sense because exhaust Pipe 1 does NOT get hot -
Please read my next post -
I guess i need help understanding the codes and how to read them BUT i can say for SURE the injector FI 1 is GOOD,

·
Super Moderator
5,440 Posts
Looks like the edit you made to your first post in this thread really confused the forum software and needed approval before it would be displayed. Making such a significant change resulting in following posts becoming confusing to those reading for the first time is probably not the best idea. Putting an updated post at the end, your post number 40, is the better idea to keep continuity of the discussion.

I did approve your first post edit so you should be able to see it now.

NOTE TO ALL: this thread had a very different content in the first post when started so if following posts do not make sense then that is why. The main subject is still that the bike would start and run for 3 seconds and then shut off for no apparent reason... until the mouse house was found by post 40. The original post is shown at the end of the first post after the edits.

@chatvmax , In the diagram of the ECM it looks to me that the MAP sensor error is 1,2 ... that is one comma two rather than 12 with no comma between. That would show up in the flashing display as different than one long and 2 short. I think that would be one short OR two short. With either code referring to the MAP sensor. But I'm not certain. There are a few items in that diagram with 2 codes associated with them so you'd see only one code or the other.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks bob for straightening it out on the posts,,,

• so the actual dash code is 1 long then 2 shorts,
  • when i clear it the code comes straight back and bike shuts off after 3 seconds,
  • when in diags mode bike continues to run BUT FI 1 is not firing, ( thus 12 on the ECU Diagram.... mmm )
  • obviously FI 1 is not firing,,, Cylinder 1 pipe not getting hot ,,,
  • so i guess where i need help understanding the manual is
how is there a distinction made between 1,2 on the flashing - as now its one long and 2 shorts and FI 1 is clearly the issue,,
- PS when i unplug the MAP sensor the bike almost dies and the signal wire is reading 2.0 - 2.8 v when idling,,, thats a good reading ---im calling that MAP sensor good for now,,,

Because i have a ECU on order and thinking that the ECU signal pin for FI 1 harness plug got fried due to steady battery voltage from FI 1 harness plug short to signal wire to ECU - thank u mouse,, -
im still needing to understand How to read codes....
( 1,2 ) on DTC chart vs 12 on ECU diagram,,, as it clearly is a FI 1 issue indicated by a 1 long, 2 short beeps.... Thank u

·
Super Moderator
5,440 Posts
Thinking about it myself. And what I had stated just earlier. I THINK if the code is either just a 1 (1 short) or just a 2 (2 short) that both those indicate the MAP sensor. The comma indicates that there are two codes that are for that item and either code can be thrown. Maybe someone with more knowledge here can shed some light on this and verify or correct me on it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
that 1,2 probably is a 1 or 2 makes sense.

It looks like you have to check all your wiring as mice like to nibble on cables.
perhaps something as simple as the sparkplug cable is cut by the mouse ?

sorry, this picture came on my mind.

·
Registered
164 Posts
YEAH.
congratualtions.
I think we all learned a lot of your experiance. thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
SOLVED :))) Repaired all the wires with i high quality heat shrink,,,
Installed the ECU unit and BINGO - Back 100% - Thank You all for all the help :)) !!!!!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts