CTX 1300 Forum banner

Front Fender Extender

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Stlburd2 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
I purchased the same extender...the carbon fiber is very light and strong!

I removed the fender from the bike, it made it easier to epoxy the extender to the fender. I absolutely refused to use any self tapping screws to hold the fender on, so I purchased a two part epoxy like you did, and I can't rip the extender off the fender!

#5 ·
I bought the Carbon fiber also. Fits great! I attached it with J B Quick, a fast setting Epoxy. I got it for $31.78, Canadian Dollar must be down. Took nearly a month to get, Seller provided a Tracking Number but it never showed the item, even being shipped. If you order one be patient!

Reactions: Stlburd2 and SCS
#8 ·
I bought the plain black extender and it fit great. I did take the fender off to install it mainly because it had four small plastic rivet like retainers. I used them and it was much easier to space them equally with the fender off the bike. I also used some two side auto trim tape on the inside before drilling and installing the rivets. As Lighter asked above, I'm sure this could be painted to match but just wonder how much paint would cost since I believe the red I have is a two or three step paint. But the black looks good IMHO. Ride safe all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.