CTX 1300 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I say if that is truly the case then Honda should stand behind it and have some sort of product improvement kits for the CTX's with wrong springs in front shocks and send a recall notice to customers so they can get them replaced.
Oh I so agree.. there may be reasons the model is heading for the recycle bin:350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 that was not aimed at you, just the entire suspension postings for the last year
2 this is a thread about improving front suspension
3 I don't think I have better forks then anyone
4 I do think my forks work better for me
5 like 100 posts ago I said if you like the forks you have that's fricken awesome I wish I did
6 I have also said on many occasions that traction has spring and spacer kits for these bikes for like 120 dollars
7 the drinking thing was a joke from way back
now the facts
a spring only holds the bike off the ground the valving only slows the fork in its stroke
the springs form Honda are to soft and the valving is only in one leg the other is empty
now this is all dependent on how much weight is on the bike as to what you will think about the fork
if you are 150 lbs you will not have the same feel as someone that is 300 lbs
I like my suspension a particular way so I swap in my cars and bikes because its the most important thing holding you on the road, and tire choice
millions of people drive vehicles with crap suspension every day that does not make my or anyone else's opinion wrong it just means that it is important to me
2014 ctx 160 miles new forks. no shocks yet
2014 v strom 1000 has fully adjustable suspension, not sure yet
2015 fz-07 500 miles new forks
2015 f150 4000 miles new shocks all the way around
2014 focus 5000 miles new ford performance shocks all the way around
just who I am
and don't mind spending the money to make it right and to make it mine
since we all know so much about suspension this can be my last suspension post. I know I know YAHOOOO
there is a really big bike world out there and we spend so much time making our bikes cooler for our riding buddies rather then making them better
I sure hope we all figure it out some day
I suppose Harley is making a killing at it
GTMN
I am so like GTMN.. stock does not exist in my garage.. Not that I want to drop 2000$can on new fronts.. but really relate to those that hate the dive, and wonder .. what the.... when I throttle up.. As for the difference in valve/nodda in them .. never heard of anything like this before.. it HAS to induce a torque difference across the wheel under heavy use.. just physics ... ** never by a new version anything_ -_ note to self

·
Registered
53 Posts
U Get IT...U REALLY Get IT!!!

ah man I posted again
U get "IT" and I get U. I'm just below 250lbs. and just got my CTX last week and it has less than 100 miles on it. On other than smooth blacktop or well laid concrete, this bike is a rolling work-out (and not the good kind) I'm sure I'm very spoiled with my GL18 having race tech front end and all, but this is one of the worst front ends I've ever grabbed ahold of...(85 V-Max had serious problems from the get-go if used off the drag strip) Now that I've read ALL of this thread, at least I can rest assured the front suspension on my CTX wasn't built on a Friday afternoon...I now have something to work towards and that's getting the suspension to fit me OR to get me to fit the suspension (which I am currently working at) Thanks for all of the great info in this thread, hoping to find a happy medium for me and the bike, as I truly want to get this CTX lined-out as I had planned on it being for the replacement for my Wing...At least I know I'm not crazy about my initial thoughts on the ride quality of this bike. As stated, it's great that normal sized riders find the suspension up to the their liking. Like most people over a certain age, I too wish I were 175lbs. and still able to ride 500 miles without blinking an eye, but that's the way it is, I'm just thankful that I'm still able to ride, it's the only jollies I get in life anymore, Thanks for this great site and all the great people who share different ideas...RIDE SAFE, TV

·
Registered
158 Posts
it's the only jollies I get in life anymore,
That's precious lol . I find it getting better over time but they should of taken the forks off a ST1300 or FB6 I don't think it would of been hard to do. :)

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Between Traxxion Dynamics AK20 valving , springs and MB rear shocks my bike has been totally transformed! All I'm guna say.

·
Registered
279 Posts
good morning strawhat1
did the rear stop the bouncing
I cant take the bounce much longer

·
Registered
20 Posts
Flytrap,

I'm about to take delivery on a 2014 CTX 1300D with 865 miles in the next day or two and this suspension stuff is worrying me a bit. The place I bout it from. WOW Motorcycles does not allow you to test drive the bike before you buy, should I be worried or concerned?

Thanks,

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
don't be afraid just buy it you will love the bike and someday you may change the suspension
but for sure you will love the bike

·
Registered
14 Posts
CTX Forks terrible,ready to sell this T#rd

Have had the CTX for one year.
Forks have worsened as break in time was completed.
I have RA and have had 7 surgeries to my hands,wrists and elbow joints. Could you please provide details as to what the Dealer did and the shims involved? Would be a great help to me.

Thanks, David 4109370442. Text OK but please title CTX so I don't miss it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I will say this
there have been some guys selling this bike, I think due to the suspension
if these guys would give an upgrade to that suspension there is no bike like this to buy
its a simple swap and you should not be afraid to do it yourself
rear shocks half hour at most
fronts you could take off the bike in a half hr and send them to be redone or just take the bike to a shop and have them swap springs and fluid
for just 129 I think Traxxion gets for a spring upgrade (parts) and maybe like 200 for a shop to install
and for 269 for rear shocks your bike would be transformed to what it should be
I am the biggest complainer of this suspension on here, I ASSUME
and yes I may have spent a lot to fix what I have perceived to be a problem
but I cant think of another bike I would ride instead of the ctx
all for like 600 bucks
some of you guys got this bike for 10k
why take a loss when the fix for most is 600 dollars
Adventure & Sport Touring Shop Services

·
Registered
51 Posts
gtmn, just to clarify what I've read in this thread, it looks like your saying maybe $129 for the Traxxion fork springs and shims, estimating ~$200 for labor, and is the $239 for the Progressive 412 rear shocks?

·
Registered
279 Posts
that's about right
when I talked to dan at Traxxion early on he told me to let you guys know he has spring kits with spacers
I think he told me around 129
also the progressive 412s are 269 or less
again the rears take like 10 mins each side, super easy swap
and just call a local shop to do a spring swap, I cant believe its more then 200 dollars
if it is send the forks to traxxion and have them do it. I don't think they charge that much

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks. When I'm riding on good open roads, or even freeways the CTX is much nicer to ride than my old VStar, but when I run across bumps, construction cuts, or railroad tracks the shock of the impact is unexpectedly jarring. If there are very many of them I get to the point where I almost dread hitting them because the impact is so severe. I'm definitely adding this to my to-do list, along with luggage rack, top trunk, forward foot pegs, foot boards, extra lights...
Does the farkling never stop!!! :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
279 Posts
cure the suspension and you wont have any time to shop for anything else
cuz youl be rideing it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks. When I'm riding on good open roads, or even freeways the CTX is much nicer to ride than my old VStar, but when I run across bumps, construction cuts, or railroad tracks the shock of the impact is unexpectedly jarring. If there are very many of them I get to the point where I almost dread hitting them because the impact is so severe. I'm definitely adding this to my to-do list, along with luggage rack, top trunk, forward foot pegs, foot boards, extra lights...
Does the farkling never stop!!! :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

oldvstar your pain is felt, and you should really read this thread http://www.ctx1300forum.com/forum/appearance-body/10010-rox-antivibration-risers.html

You don't have to get the 2" risers but just as short as you can get with the anti-vibration feature. The difference is night and day. The length of the handlebars seems to amplify any small bump or road irregularities. Love mine and no real need to seriously consider changing the suspension as much as others want to blame the front forks. Good luck oldvstar.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts