CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just ocurred to me that there is no procedure to replace a fuel filter in the FSM. I can't imagine that there isn't one. So where is it?

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
844 Posts
Haven’t looked, but would assume it has a “sock” of some sort on the end of the pump In the tank - much like most current autos have. Just my guess.

·
Super Moderator
741 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was looking up part numbers to replace my fuel filter. The parts finder (Honda) indicate a fuel filter part # 16739-MJN-A01 but in the service manual, section 7-10 indicated there is only a screen to be cleaned with a non-flammable or high flash point solvent. The user manual does not indicate a fuel filter change (Canadian manual). So I guess its okay :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just replaced the fuel filter assy. to my CTX 1300. It is a "cartridge" type and replacement is a delicate operation. The "sock" at the bottom is just a strainer. I spent about $70 at the local Honda dealership for the filter and base gasket. Relatively straightforward but do plug the pump connector in place before pushing the pump/motor fully into the filter frame. No clearance to do this otherwise. Image is a poor quality snip of the filter. Also attached a pic of my old fuel filter. I sawed the top off the cartridge to see the actual filter.

Font Rectangle Automotive exterior Parallel Art

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts