CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm interesting to buy another helmet this time i'm going for Full face Carbon.

I like th AGV Pista Carbon from the look is super cool. I was comparing between Schuberth C3 pro. The Schurberth is amazingly comfort but is big and heavier. My head is big is 2XL (Oval round shape)

Today, i went to try the AGV same size as 2XL, HOwever, i feel fit globally on my face, but is not difficult to remove helmet off or put it on. The only problem i found is that is very fit on my cheek, my gum was sqeeeze tight to my jaw and teeth. let put it this way, my voice change cuz i couldn't move my mouth properly.

The seller tell me that this is normal due to the sponge inside, after a months it will be normal and better, he recomend that full face helmet need to be fit and tight.

It this true for full face helment, as well as for my cheek.

This is my first full face helmet.

Thank you very much

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
It is true that any helmet that covers the cheeks, full face and modular, will be very snug on the cheeks. However, if it is uncomfortably tight there should be different sized cheek pads from the helmet maker that can be fitted in place of what is in the helmet if that one fits otherwise. The pads should be removable/replaceable. When I went from a modular helmet that I've been using for many years to my current full face HJC IS-17 Intake I could definitely feel how much more snug the cheek pads were against my cheeks and jaw but it wasn't so much that I couldn't talk normally. They do loosen up after some months so you do want them to be snug, but not TIGHT. Snug as in just enough to hold onto your skin and not just easily slide over your skin as you move the helmet around and side to side.
Basically the same as for all the padding in the helmet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi....initially when the helmet is new it will feel a little tighter than it will after you wear it for a while....there are sometimes options for various cheek pads as stated above. I recently bought a new full face helmet and tried on quite a few different ones.....my advice would be to not limit yourself to a specific model or brand as you will find that helmets from different manufactures will fit differently. For instance I was interested in a Suomy helmet but the shape of their helmet just didn't work for me........ Some that I tried on were not comfortable right from the start so I eliminated those as possibilities. Also quite often the helmets you try on in the store will feel different to a new one that nobody has ever had on. The padding will "pack down" a bit with use (cheek pads included)......try on as many different models as possible....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Helmets

Does anyone know if this helmet will fit inside the honda ctx1300 top box and still lock?
I hope the helmet fits in the top box or else there is no point in having it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts