Forgot to mention that i did get another reply back from a third dealer. They said that this is a new model (er, duh!) and that the price and availability has not been released to them yet. I guess they don't use the Internet very much.
It always amuses me when a dealer attempts to make me feel like I should be lucky they are even just a little under retail pricing by quoting me the MSRP... as if I wouldn't already know that. I was in their store just the other night and told THEM when the 1300s are expected to show up! I did sit on a f6B and looked over a CTX700 that was on the floor. The f6B was nice but bigger than I want and the 700 has foot forward controls that I really don't do well with. Can't wait for the CTX1300s to show up to sit on one. Will likely go to Storm Lake Honda when ready to buy. 144 miles is not far to go for saving $1000 at least.Robert,
Thanks for your inquiry about the new 2014 CTX1300 Deluxe. The CTX1300D is scheduled to arrive in March.
Msrp on the deluxe model is $17499.00. We would sell you one for $16,999.00 plus applicable fees.
Thanks again for your interest and please let me know if you have any questions or would like to reserve a bike for delivery this spring.
unfortunately they think in the now, what will bring a few extra bucks in now rather than the long term that add's up and works out better in the endshaving a little off the asking price to move more product resulting in moving a lot more product and actually making more profit overall and can grow and expand and become a bigger dealership
not a bad amount of dealers to have around you, but that is quite some distance.of the half dozen dealers in my area (within 150 miles anyway) that I asked for quotes from only a few quoted below MSRP, and a few indicated they didn't know for sure what price they could quote until they get one in stock. The one with the lowest quote to me (15900 for a dlx) is noted for being a bigger dealer in a smaller town and for selling volume so that lower price really didn't come as a surprise. I don't know how much leeway the dealer has on actual price, or if they even know what they are willing to give up until they see what the interest is as Ed mentioned.
I may be willing to go with that lowest quoted price as it is if I buy right away since I expect to pay a bit for being out the door early with it. There will be a bit more talk room if I wait until fall to buy and especially if there is good interest in the model.