CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My name is Kevin from Australia. Upgrading soon from a VFR800f to a CTX1300a. Here they are the "deluxe" model with all the gizmos.

Looking forward to it next week.

Regards
Kevin

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome! You will love this bike. Don't forget to show us some pics when the big day arrives!

Reactions: Kevinnugent

·
Registered
9 Posts
G'DayKev. Where in Australia are you from? I'm from Sydney - bought my bike in Feb - my first new bike purchase. You will love the bike. I don't see too many of them around and can never understand why. Anyway welcome.

·
Registered
309 Posts
G,day Kevin nice to have you aboard. As the days go by you will find a lot of good information on this site. You will also fall more in love with your new ride.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G'DayKev. Where in Australia are you from? I'm from Sydney - bought my bike in Feb - my first new bike purchase. You will love the bike. I don't see too many of them around and can never understand why. Anyway welcome.
G'day Rod. Brisbane mate. I have never seen one on the road here! Looking forward to being a little unique. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Rod and welcome. i live near Bathurst NSW and l haven't seen another CTX1300 on the road yet but there are a few Aussies on this site who have them, the main reason i think that they haven't caught on here and maybe elsewhere is the confusion around both its purpose and direction by the press and others, also i think the cruiser market here in oz is stuck in the traditional Harley look mode. Still for me it is the most comfortable easy riding bike i have had, particularly for the price. Compare it to the traditional cruiser market and it beats them hands-down. Enjoy mate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fly the flag high up there in Brisbane Kev.

Jim, I was up in Bathurst back in February for Als Ride - Sydney to Bathurst - first ride on my new bike. It rode really well. Let us know if you are doing the Wall to Wall ride 12th September for police remembrance. If you are we can arrange to say hello - won't to be hard to spot each other as I will be surprised if there are too many bikes like ours!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Kev

Welcome aboard.

My wife and i both own a CTX1300, Karen has the red and I have the blue. A mate, who passed away recently, also had the red.

The only other CTX1300 i've seen was at the Ulysses AGM in Wodonga back in March, it was near the end of the grand parade. We had already parked our bikes and were watching the rest of the parade and I heard it coming before seeing it.

cheers

steve

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took her out for a nice run today. A few things I'm going to have to get used to I guess:

The shudder up through the handlebars when hitting sharp bumps at speed.
Missing second a lot and going into neutral.
The pocket with the usb cable is too small for my phone.
Can't seem to pair my Samsung Galaxy S6 with the bike. So went and got a USB stick to fill with music anyway. I'll keep my phone for navigation and calls etc.
Not having a gear indicator is a minor annoyance.

Apart from those little niggles, I am loving it. So freaking comfortable (I'm coming from sports bikes) it's ridiculous. I'm not finding the stock windscreen too short so far. I get a nice flow of air into my face and here in summer that's going to be important! We don't really have a winter as such. Heated grips work great. Still looking for 6th gear all the time. Fuel economy looks pretty good.

All in all a great experience so far. Well done, Honda.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hallo Kevin
Welcome to this mondial forum of relaxed CTX riders. :smiley-party0005:
Congratilations and many save miles with your bike. pictures are looking nice.
Some of the annoying things are very easy to overcome, some not.
A gear indicator can help, but you'll never find the 6th gear:rolleyes:
handlebar puppys will temper the shocks and give more grip.
and so on.
Look in the posts on this forum and you will see there is a solution on almost everything.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Just wanted to mention...
The manual isn't very clear about how to pair music devices and headsets. Seems most are able to get the headsets paired OK but the music devices (smartphone, mp3 player, other BT player) are where the problem lies. Much of this is due to using the wrong volume direction on the bike to activate pairing to the device. Be sure you are pressing Mode and DOWN volume to pair with music devices. It makes a difference. Up volume for up in the headset, down volume for down in the pocket... or where ever you store your music device. :)

The other reason for a fail to pair would be BT compatibility. But I would expect the Galaxy S6 to be up to date with that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome Kevin,
I'm in Canberra and I've been on this forum longer than I've had my CTX1300, well over a year now. I hope you enjoy your new bike, it just loves to sit on the open road and sometime I commute on mine. You will find a lot of great information on this forum I made a few changes to my bike thanks to the info here.
Cheers,​
Ron

1 - 20 of 21 Posts