CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a 65yr old who hasn't quite grown up! Picked up my new Red CTX1300 Deluxe this week. Very comfortable and quite impressive but may have to do some mods to suspension and exhaust, just to get the best out of it. My previous bike was a Triumph Tiger 800ABS which was ideal for our Australian country roads but with my short legs, it's high seat it was getting more difficult to mount. I live in Newcastle which is on the coast about 160klm North of Sydney and in the New Year when its not so hot I'll be off on a 1200klm trip north over a variety of roads. Should know a bit more about the bike then,
Have a Merry Christmas . Bob22

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
And a big welcome from Me! and have good Holiday. Wish I could ride over the holiday break. But have clean out 12" of snow before I can get to the bike.:eek:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
wooohooo

Hey @Bob22,
Am I allowed to welcome you? My name isn't Bob and doesn't rhyme with it either. :tongue:
Anywho, congrats :smiley-party0005: on the new bike. Take a few snapshots of that scenic Aussie country side when you go ride about and post 'em for those of us looking at our computers and salivating, wishing we were on a trip too. The good thing about RED bikes is that they look better in most photos (to me).
In reference to you age....I think the majority on here are 50+. I'm just 5 years behind ya.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome Bob22,
There is more and more of us in Oz, if you have Facebook check out the CTX1300 Australia page it's just to put photos and meet other Aussies with CTX1300s.
Good luck with new bike, I have made a few changes to mine see photo link and will be looking at suspension and exaust sometime.

Ron

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi mate, live just up the road near Branxton. Welcome and enjoy have about 3500 kms on mine and just haven't got the suspension just right yet but other than that great bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts