CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is totally different from the Honda rack. It looks like the side pieces are metal...not plastic. I predict a purchase in my future....

- Honda CTX 1300 (2014)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Since the Honda rear trunk is a Givi anyway, why are you more excited about this one? Seems like a different route to get equivalent storage that is not as well designed to match the aesthetics of the bike.

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
For one thing, it's not a luggage rack but a mounting plate for Givi top cases as listed in the PDF file. For another thing, it's not a luggage rack but a mounting plate so it's not likely to match the lines of the bike but must match the bottom mounting for a Givi top case. :)
Really wish it WAS a luggage rack. I don't really want a top case just yet but I do want a luggage rack. This bracket looks to be much more beefy than the luggage rack/bottom plate setup from Honda for the Honda top case, meaning it will carry a little more weight maybe. Has an extra mount point at the rear bungee cord bolt under the grab rail. Maybe I can get just the bracket pieces and make my own plate to span between them for a luggage rack! :D I could shape it to match the lines of the bike that way and it would satisfy my desire to make my own stuff to add to the bike :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the Givi Vtech top box matches the bike much better. And probably holds more. But will report when installed. I'm still excited.

Reactions: bob
1 - 4 of 4 Posts