CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes I too am interested in hearing your comparison to the Honda tall screen.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just happened to notice that member @gpa owns this screen, as you can see in the pictures he posted on the thread about adjustable clutch levers.

gpa, if you can translate this question, what is the height of the screen measured from the edge of the front facade to the top? I edited one of your pictures to highlight what I mean:

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
windshield and lower fairing

I just happened to notice that member @gpa owns this screen, as you can see in the pictures he posted on the thread about adjustable clutch levers.

gpa, if you can translate this question, what is the height of the screen measured from the edge of the front facade to the top? I edited one of your pictures to highlight what I mean:
I bought a used bike with the taller Honda windshield. I really like the looks but, it is a few inches to short. For about the same price as a new Cee Bailey, without the vent, you can get an MRA xcreen. Gave it a try and highly recommend it, and I can transfer it to other bikes.

I'm really curious about the lower fairing on the bike in the picture.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a used bike with the taller Honda windshield. I really like the looks but, it is a few inches to short. For about the same price as a new Cee Bailey, without the vent, you can get an MRA xcreen. Gave it a try and highly recommend it, and I can transfer it to other bikes.

I'm really curious about the lower fairing on the bike in the picture.
I have an X-Creen and have posted often about it here. I use it both with the stock short screen to make the wind pressure more tolerable, as well as with the tall shield to eliminate head buffeting. However, my wife says she gets buffeting off this combination. Hence my interest in the seemingly-taller Givi shield.

The problem is it's not documented anywhere whether their stated height of 51.5cm (just over 20 inches) is measured from the very bottom of the shield where it mounts up (which might make it only about 15-16 inches in actual height) or from the seam of the windshield garnish bodywork up. If it's the latter, I might give it a shot to see if it's better for us as a touring solution.

It just occurred to me that I might as well write to Givi and ask them for clarification, which I did to the info address listed on their site. We'll see what they say.

Jeff

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got an answer back from Givi:

Good morning Jeff,
That measurement is total length. It has roughly 16” exposed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it is actually about a half inch shorter than my Cee Baily. However, it is about an inch or so wider.
How's it working for you? Did you mount it up? Wondering if the wider width and different shape/angle possibly help out. I believe I remember you saying you found the Cee Bailey 16" insufficient for your height.

Jeff

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did not mount it since it was actually shorter. The extra width isn't really needed. I would like to have at least a couple more inches of height.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts