CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed this case. GIVI B47NML, flat black matches the rest of the bike pretty good. I wanted a case that was removable and this fit the bill. Still need a key to unlock it every time you open it just like the side bags. Kind of a pain. But it is real simple to remove from the bike. It will hold two size XL HJC full face helmets but they have to be laid on their sides. The mount went right on the Honda luggage rack however I needed to purchase 1/2 longer bolts than those supplied due to the thickness of the luggage rack. I went with the Monolock as it came with the base included. The backrest was extra of course. Will probably only use the top case when touring two up.
They send two keys. One is supposed to be a spare that they say can be carried in your wallet but both of mine have large plastic ends like the Honda key. I think it would be a pain in the wallet.
GIVI says not for high speed use but they don't say what high speed is.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think I like the looks of that better than the Honda trunk. It is larger, right?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@Stlburd2,
I had a monolock, I think it was called E45, and used it on several bikes over 10 years.
It now has a new owner and is still going strong.
I didn't take it over 110mph, so I guess you are safe there.
The monokey is supposed to be a bit stronger.
As far as putting it(key) in your wallet, I just cut the plastic off so it would fit in my wallet when traveling. Kept the other on the ring with the bike key.
Since you say you plan to use it only when 2 up, keep the 2nd key with the bike's 2nd key on a ring and give it to your passenger. That keeps you from having to dig it out AFTER you sit down to eat somewhere and they forgot something or other on the bike.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Reactions: willajabir

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I think the Honda case is 45 Ltr. per their web site. Many of Hondaline cases, such as the one made for the Pan American (ST1300) are made by Givi.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Pretty sure he means just the carrier. You only need the trunk base if you are using the Honda trunk.
The carrier was on the bike when I purchased it. It was a dealer demo bike. But it is pretty small to carry much of anything especially if you have the passenger backrest. On the Givi web page it looked like the MONOKEY requires a bracket that mounts with the same bolts as the Honda carrier plus the MONOKEY mount is extra $. It's included with the MONOLOCK. The pad is extra $. The pad requires drilling holes in your new trunk too. And the pad is available in two firmness.
You can also get the Givi with clear lens to match the bike (I believe the same price) and they have a light kit available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts