CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured it out. I'll tell you what, though, those instructions are not friendly. At all!

Thanks...

·
Registered
413 Posts
I agree, I was terrified when I opened up that box and emptied all the bags last year. I don't understand why they don't assemble it a bit more than they do. It's unlikely you're ever going to have to separate some of the parts you put together.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it out for a test ride of about 35 miles and speeds up to 85mph. It works. A lot less buffeting and I can ride with my shield up. Very cool. Just sucked to put together.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I first mounted it with the optional clamps. I wanted to know if it worked before I drilled into the windshield. Liked it a lot so I drilled and mounted. I think I get a little more wind now than with the clamps, maybe cause the screen sat closed to the shield. Have not yet put it back onto the clamps yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi bruceb,

I am considering getting one of these because I'm 6'2'' and get some pretty good wind when I sit straight up. Right now I have the Honda Touring Screen, and really like it. Just want to add more versatility to the bike, such as different riding positions for long touring trips. I noticed the website mentions clamp or bolt. Which is the best way to go?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am using the clamps since I didn't want to drill the tall shield.

I am using it with the double joint clamp to get the most protection. I am 6' 2" as well, with long torso. I find it does the job but sometimes I see some flex in the X-creen in strong cross winds. The adjustability is great in warm weather.

If you clamp it, keep an eye on the clamp bolts which have a tendency to unscrew themselves with vibration of the bike if not tighten properly.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I recently mounted mine to the machine. I have a tall shield and placed it in the center with the template included. I put the longer arms on it and my only complaint is I get a bit of a whistle above 80 mph. The wind pattern has improved for me and is now rolling off my helmet, vs hitting me in the chest. I am going to try to lower the seat a tad but am 6'7" so dont really know how well that will work. I would recommend using the shield install just for stability, I always worry about add-ons coming off. Worth the cost of the modification.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts