CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proud new owner of a red CTX1300. Drove home from Albany and it was a great ride!
This is my first 'real' bike, coming from scooters. I started with a 1985 Honda Spree, and eventually upgraded (after 3,000 miles) to a 2007 Honda Silverwing.
Coming to this bike, it's so easy to ride and has all the power I could ever want. Only one thing about the bike that I'm not sure I like, is the windscreen... or lack of one. I've seen a post about a madstad positive pressure screen, but can't seem to get their site to load.
Anyway, hope to see some other riders out there on the roads! Got a long trip planned at the end of the month to break in the new bike! :D

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
congrats on the new ride! And welcome here, too!
Some of us have installed the Honda tall shield and really like that too.
I used to ride a Burgman 650. My wife still rides a Honda Metropolitan scooter.
This bike is so easy to ride about the only thing different than the ease of a scooter is manual shifting. No biggie for most of us.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome bob! I've seen a few posts about the honda windscreen too, but nothing on how to get it (other than probably going to a Honda dealer). I'd honestly prefer the honda screen, as seeing the madstad one, I don't like the looks.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the board, Reidion, and congrats on the new ride.

Like Bob says, the tall windshield makes a world of difference if the shorty shield is too much wind. It's also available now from most dealers and fairly easy to install. Check with your dealer; if they don't have it, email Cory at Storm Lake Honda in Iowa ([email protected] -- that's Bob's dealer), and he'll hook you right up. ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks sleepngbear, I'll probably call my 'nearest' dealer tomorrow. Albany Honda where I got the bike is a bit of a ride (1.5+ hours), but the one in Binghamton is 'close' (~45 mins).

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Congrats, Reidion! I ordered my tall shield from gearhead.com for $115. Took me longer to find my tools than it did to make the swap. Here's the page but there's no pic:
Honda - 08R70-MJN-A00 - KIT,SCREEN,WIND(OP)
There are awesome directions here in the forums. The tall shield is totally worth it, and the switch is easy enough that I might switch out once or twice a year.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Thanks for the welcome bob! I've seen a few posts about the honda windscreen too, but nothing on how to get it (other than probably going to a Honda dealer). I'd honestly prefer the honda screen, as seeing the madstad one, I don't like the looks.
You can try the email or call to my dealer as Ed suggested if your dealer cannot get it in good time. Seems all the dealers don't have the info they need to provide good parts service yet. Storm Lake Honda will ship the part to you quickly. They ship to me for free so I think that offer still goes.
Check out my profile notes HERE for contact information.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike Reidion and a big Howdy from the Finger Lakes region of New York.

Rav

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! And Rav, yay, someone kind of not really close! One of the perks where I live is being away from it all, but that's also one of the downsides, nothing is near me XD

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Thank you! And Rav, yay, someone kind of not really close! One of the perks where I live is being away from it all, but that's also one of the downsides, nothing is near me XD
Oh but, you have some of the best roads in NY within a hour. Both the Adirondacks and the Catskills are close. Vermont is just a skip away. I often just head either North east or south east from home to find good riding. Just stay out of Albany where all the politicians are. You know what they say, Albany is just 25 square miles surrounded by reality.

Rav

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh but, you have some of the best roads in NY within a hour. Both the Adirondacks and the Catskills are close. Vermont is just a skip away. I often just head either North east or south east from home to find good riding. Just stay out of Albany where all the politicians are. You know what they say, Albany is just 25 square miles surrounded by reality.

Rav
...none of those things are close, especially Vermont. I'm near Oneonta if you've heard of it. About 45 mins from Binghamton and about 1 hour 45 mins from Albany.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
OH! I do know Oneonta! I just thought if you bought the bike in Albany, you lived close to there. Two weeks ago my son and I had a great ride south to Oneonta, then on to Delhi then down route 30 till we hit route 17. Route 28 is good too.

Rav

1 - 14 of 14 Posts