CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at the forum for the past few days. Finally had a chance to look at a CTX1300 (had to go out of town to find one on the floor) this past week and it seems like it will be a good fit. I'll find out in a couple of weeks when mine arrives. Got my first bike in '71, a new CB350. And then a 750 Bonneville, Harley Superglide, Yamaha XS650, basket case '64 Honda 305 Dream (rode it for 2 years after I got it together) CB400T, used XS650, used CB900, and a neglected '86 GL1200I I've been riding since '98. Hate to retire it, but I don't trust it on out of town trips anymore. The 1300 appears to be similar in several respects and we'll see if it does the job.
Retired USAF E8, 10 yrs as a locksmith, 12 yrs otr and reg truck drvr plus a few other odd jobs in between. Tried retiring completely but I found a part time job with an auto parts store to have a schedule.
Always done all my own mechanical work and never been broke down away from home, except in a big truck. Looking forward to learning the 1300. Forums have been very helpful in helping me select the CTX1300.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on your new ride. What color did you you go with? Deluxe or Standard? Any accessories?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. It's gonna be a black deluxe, red's too flashy for me and never have cared for blue on a vehicle. Got the carrier, backrest (for SO), tall windshield, and center stand coming. What I've read on the forums and the footrest position made up my mind. Don't think I could be comfortable, especially around town, with my feet in front of me and having to lift my feet to shift or brake. Looking forward to it since I haven't bought a brand new bike since 1982.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Welcome aboard. Yep, you did some reading before getting the bike. Ya made a good choice. Mountain Mama take me home to some good riding. After you get used to it, you gonna love it. Having to take your hands off the bars for controls like the radio is a bit odd for Honda, but as far as riding/handling, I do believe you are gonna be a happy camper.
BTW, you made the right choice for color !!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congratulations and hello from Charles Town. You will enjoy riding the CTX, I know I do mine. Where are you located in WV?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations and hello from Charles Town. You will enjoy riding the CTX, I know I do mine. Where are you located in WV?
Living in Vienna, WV (just north of Parkersburg) since '89. Fairly low cost of living and a lot of genuinely nice folks. BTW Charles Town is beautiful, love the ride across US 50 from Clarksburg to Winchester. Haven't done it in a few years and springtime sounds like a good time to do it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts