CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For $20 I can't see a more worthwhile investment. I put a set on yesterday and took the ctx for a ride this morning over some fairly ordinary roads here.

What a nice surprise. Obviously it doesn't do anything for the shocks coming up through the forks but it stops the vibrations coming through the handlebars to your hands very effectively. A couple of other advantages I noted:

I have big hands, so the slightly larger grip dimensions now are more comfortable.

The throttle snatch you sometimes get when your hand is jerked by a shudder is all but eliminated.

Very worthwhile in my opinion.
Kevin

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've had them on mine for a year now and love them......inexpensive and work great.....fine with the heated grips as well which limits what you can do.

The increased diameter of the grip was the best thing......

·
Registered
41 Posts
I Agee to I love my grip puppies I had them on my last bike and it was the 1st add on my ctx. The larger diameter suits my hand better and the vibrations thru the bar is mostly gone. Best $20 I ever spent.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I totaly agree with all.
I have my grip puppies almost a year now.
I had never heared of them, saw them first here on the forum.
Bought them thinking: a cheap investment can aprove my riding (over here it's about 20 euro) and i find them wonderfull.
The larger diameter gives more grip and less vibrations.
Grip heating works just fine, it takes just a little longer before they get warm.
Only downsite is when the bike had stand in the rain. It's just like a sponge. But then again, a little squeze and the heating on solves it.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Did you guys have to trim the length of these at all? Just wondering. I'm thinking of ordering these from Amazon as I really need a larger diameter grip and it sounds like these will work fine with my Honda heated grips.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Mine fitted perfectly without needing a trim. I bought a different brand actually, called ***** Grips. Lol. But they are identical to Grip Puppies.

Haha. The system blanked out the word meaning feline animal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine fitted perfectly without needing a trim. I bought a different brand actually, called ***** Grips. Lol. But they are identical to Grip Puppies.

Haha. The system blanked out the word meaning feline animal.
Yes, I have same brand on both bikes they must be a Aussie thing :) also with cramp busters. It just takes a bit longer to feel the heat from the grip when they are on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice! I just ordered a set as well 2 days ago. Only a few rides and I knew they were needed. Had them on a 09 DL650 and loved them. Glad to know they fit well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes, I have same brand on both bikes they must be a Aussie thing :) also with cramp busters. It just takes a bit longer to feel the heat from the grip when they are on.
You just fit the cramp buster over top of the grip puppy then? I guess they're flexible enough to allow for the extra diameter.

Jeff

·
Registered
32 Posts
You just fit the cramp buster over top of the grip puppy then? I guess they're flexible enough to allow for the extra diameter.

Jeff
Yes, I just bought some cheap cramp busters on eBay they came with a rubber sleeve for smaller grips and they fitted over the PussyGrips without the sleeve. It makes it very easy on the hands on longer rides and smoother on the throttle.

Cheers

·
Registered
104 Posts
There are a few brands of these for sale out there in various lengths. If you get one too long (I think I had to trim mine just a tad) just measure twice and cut once.

:smiley-happy0034:

I pushed them flat and used a very wide sharp new razor to cut them clean and perfectly even.
Don't use a scissors unless they are diamond sharp and you've done it before.

...if they don't cut perfect, they will still fit but......:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I've got a hank of black and red paracord that I think will look sharp as a grip-wrap. I'm going to try it; I will post pics when finished. If it doesn't look good, I will unwrap and procure a pair of proper puppies. Post-haste. :p

Reactions: willajabir

·
Registered
105 Posts
HI, when you say fine with heated grips do you mean that you can have the heaters on and if so do the heaters work as effectively?
Sorry....hadn't been on ..... yes they work fine with the heated grips as the others have said.

:)

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Well, crap, Amazon has sold out of the Grip Puppies and they don't know when they'll have any more. Guess I'll have to find another source. Thanks for all of the input on these, guys!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I see another brand out on Amazon -- called 'grab on'. Seeing that Amazon is out and have to pay shipping from Europe to get driving the price pretty high, anyone have any experience with this other brand?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd just ck amazon frequently. I saw the same thing that they were not available then all of a sudden on 9/10 they were avail. Had them 2 days later.... love Prime. Order says sold by: Grip Puppy :confused:. They also shipped out of MURFREESBORO, TN 37127.

I see another brand out on Amazon -- called 'grab on'. Seeing that Amazon is out and have to pay shipping from Europe to get driving the price pretty high, anyone have any experience with this other brand?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts