CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I added "grip puppies" this weekend, they are a far more comfortable grip, adding about 1/2" diameter (approx) over the original grips. The vibration was reduced a bit but I felt better control and it was much easier on my hands.
Today my ride was tested my Klim / Badlands gortex jacket, grip puppies and mirrors set correctly. Oh yes, and 4.6L/100 klm = 61m/gal (imperial)
Pretty good mileage, the last time I got that was going up hill to the Bryce Canyon a couple of years back.

On a totally different note, I read an article in Mojo Magazine about doing slow speed handling practice. That is one thing I have not done for about 30 years. We "all bikers" should practice slow speed handling in a parking lot or other.

Safe riding my friends
Glen

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I added the Grip Puppies earlier this year and find they work very well for me. And as you say I feel I can control the throttle a bit better. Stay safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I added "grip puppies" this weekend, they are a far more comfortable grip, adding about 1/2" diameter (approx) over the original grips. The vibration was reduced a bit but I felt better control and it was much easier on my hands.
Today my ride was tested my Klim / Badlands gortex jacket, grip puppies and mirrors set correctly. Oh yes, and 4.6L/100 klm = 61m/gal (imperial)
Pretty good mileage, the last time I got that was going up hill to the Bryce Canyon a couple of years back.

On a totally different note, I read an article in Mojo Magazine about doing slow speed handling practice. That is one thing I have not done for about 30 years. We "all bikers" should practice slow speed handling in a parking lot or other.

Safe riding my friends
Glen
Love "grip puppies." Have them on my CTX1300 and also on my Goldwing. Honda makes the grips on both bikes to small. GRIP puppies adds exactly what I need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts