CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the CTX today. Came from a K1200LT. What I gave up was "Creature Comforts" (the Beemer was a comfortable bike) for "Durability and Reliability"( which the Beemer wasn't, you know...Break My Wallet).
I'm a big fan of Honda VF's. Put high miles on an ST 1100 years ago. The wife rides a 1998 750cc VF Magna. Never had problem one with that bike.
Looking forward to sharing advice and experiences back and forth with you all.
Keep both wheels on the ground!

FS

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new ride!

I think you'll find that, while the CTX may not have all the gadgets and gizmos that BMW stuffs in everything they make, you won't be lacking for comfort. I'm finding my CTX to be the most comfortable bike I've ever owned (granted I've never owned a Beemer ...). Hopefully you'll find the same. Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
The price point for the CTX versus a comparably equipped BMW was a huge reason why I opted for the Honda. I already own a BMW r NineT, and considered the RT, but didn't want to drop $24k on it. The CTX is ~10k less, accessories are a steal, maintenance is inexpensive, and the motor is a workhorse. There are also GREAT incentives from Honda on the CTX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts