CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to add a small riser to put bars back just a bit. I can grip now but to get a true lean into backrest I have a little light feel to grip and arms probably too straight.
The way the OEM bar mount angles back at top I think I can get what I want with a 1 inch spacer type riser. I order one set that were 20mm spacer that were a good fit all except they were built too thin in the direction that creates the clamping force. The OEM is about 1.25 inch and these were .80 and would have left a space of unpainted area showing in OEM clamp and reduced the clamp area on bottom. That's probably clear as mud. I will add a photo I found that shows a 27mm which is better than my first try, but would rather be closer to 32mm or 1.25 inches that direction.

Anyone use this type riser that was a good fit?

Automotive design Font Parallel Auto part Technical drawing

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I added 2” Rox Risers on mine. The cables/lines were all long enough although I did reroute the front brake line under the top fork brace vs over the top of it. I eliminated the two wire/metal “guides” (for lack of a better name) that the hose/wires ran thru. No problems. Hint. Cover the top shelter with a old carpet to keep the bars from dropping and scratching it when you loosen them up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've read most if not all posts about the Rox products. I know some used the big risers and some used the Offset bar back ( fixed up & back ) version.

I have the corbin standard seat with back rest. Thought I would try cheap route before going with more drastic version since feels pretty close to right now, just not that guy that leaves close good enough.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found a wider set they are 30mm rise, 24mm wide for clamp area.
Wood Gas Circuit component Font Audio equipment

First set 20mm that I thought were too narrow sitting on top of new set. This difference should fill the oem space close enough to grip equally. Came with new bolts and thick washers.
Line Gas Cylinder Plumbing fixture Metal

You can see difference in rise 20 vs 30
Wood Font Material property Hardwood Pattern

Difference in width.
Rectangle Auto part Automotive exterior Composite material Plastic

Will follow up with results of install. Gives 1.2 inches back and up as this increases the already angled bar clamp. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking to add a small riser to put bars back just a bit. I can grip now but to get a true lean into backrest I have a little light feel to grip and arms probably too straight.
The way the OEM bar mount angles back at top I think I can get what I want with a 1 inch spacer type riser. I order one set that were 20mm spacer that were a good fit all except they were built too thin in the direction that creates the clamping force. The OEM is about 1.25 inch and these were .80 and would have left a space of unpainted area showing in OEM clamp and reduced the clamp area on bottom. That's probably clear as mud. I will add a photo I found that shows a 27mm which is better than my first try, but would rather be closer to 32mm or 1.25 inches that direction.

Anyone use this type riser that was a good fit?

View attachment 47295
I have a Rox 2" riser
50$

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried on the 30mm and they would have required reroute on cable and lines. I just didn't want to do that. Still had some unpainted area in original clamp, didn't like that. Covered the notched area of handle bar completely and would definitely have worked without clamping issues.

I put things back to stock and set the handlebar an inch higher than I had before and that has me pushed into backrest a little more firmly. Going to stick with this, so far on 30 minutes between stops things are feeling pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts