CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fbnewell1
How did you fair with Hanna? We just got maybe 4" rain not really bad wind. Hope y'all faired ok.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Frontis told me the radar over his area indicated 16-22” of rain. Most or all of his fields are flooded. Little structural damage around him fortunately. Closer to where the eye made landfall sounded like lots of mobile homes so probably not so good over there. Anyway, he and family are fine and will be waiting for the waters to recede.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frontis told me the radar over his area indicated 16-22” of rain. Most or all of his fields are flooded. Little structural damage around him fortunately. Closer to where the eye made landfall sounded like lots of mobile homes so probably not so good over there. Anyway, he and family are fine and will be waiting for the waters to recede.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the update!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yeah - we’re getting along ok. Had a radar-estimated 12” here at the house, 16” at our headquarters, and 22” just about a mile NW of our two biggest blocks. All within about 30 hours. We were still running tractors at 11AM Saturday, hadn’t even sprinkled. But that didn’t last long. Lost power at the house at 3:40PM Saturday, just got it back on at 4:50PM today (Monday). No structural damage in our immediate area that I have seen. We had some water damage on a couple of interior walls due to water blowing through an attic vent - but that was it.

Water’s gonna be the problem (well, mosquitoes later!). Our area is very flat, and much of the eastern half of the Rio Grande Valley ends up draining towards our general area - and just about everywhere in the Valley got at least 4”. Rain had really tapered off by mid-afternoon Sunday. Sunday AM, drove around and could see most of the drainage ditches were full, as expected. Sunday PM, drove around again and could tell there was A LOT more water around. Several main drainage ditches were overflowing. Water across the highways in a few areas. This morning (Monday) water in the low-lying areas is STILL coming up. Highway near my house has a 1-1/2 mile stretch of fairly deep water over the road. I have a 500-acre block of cotton that, as of this afternoon, is standing in 6” to 10” of water from end to end. By tomorrow morning it will finally reverse flow and actually drain OFF my land instead of onto it! And this is an area that we just spent ~$40K building a drainage ditch to get water off of our land more quickly. However, it was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of water.

If anybody needs some free water - bring your totes, Yeti’s, Igloo’s, 1,000-gallon nurse trailers, or 10,000-gallon transports and have all you want !!! (No - I will NOT ship!)

Reactions: Stlburd2 and bljdb

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about all the water damage, but glad y'all are safe.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Glad to hear your all well there Frontis. Makes me feel silly telling you I got 2.75" at my house yesterday. You got it all. Stay safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts