CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a horrible accident: an F250 was hit hard from behind and thrown into on coming traffic....me. Suffering many injuries mostly on my left side. Though i'm not walking yet, this confirmed in me to walk away from two wheelers. This bike has fit me perfectly and was passionate every time I swung a leg over her. God, I LOVED riding this bike...but love my wife/kids and health too. That accident happened so fast that there was no way I could have brought any skill/knowledge or experience to bear to avoid this freak of bad timing. I'm blessed to have my life and keeping my leg....surgeons reconstructed the tib/fib with metal and "free flapped" to protect it. ‭Mike Szentes Road to Recovery, organized by Jamye Cappadonna.

·
Super Moderator
5,481 Posts
Oh wow!
So glad that you are still around to tell about this. That could easily have ended very differently. Glad you were wearing your helmet and any other gear that minimized the damage. Not that the damage was minimum but still...
Here's hoping the recovery continues to go well for you. Life and health and family are most important. This is the part of "managing risk" that most of us really don't consider as "managing risk" but it is very much a part of it and that time will come for all of us to make that decision.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That is awful. Happy that you survived. I can’t fault you for the decision you have made. You’re right, I don’t think anyone could have avoided this collision. You were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. It could happen to any of us.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
WOW I mean what else can ya say other than I sure hope your recovery goes well. I can't fault your decision having been down hard myself. Best wishes to you and the family that all goes well. Hang in there.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I hope you heal up nicely.

Did the perp in the truck get any serious charges?

·
Registered
166 Posts
WOW,
you had a very nice angel on your shoulder. and a good helmet on your head.
Luckely you had an helmet on your head, I understand that many Americans ride without
Hope you recover good and i can fully understand your decision to stop motorriding.

Reactions: BravoBravo

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. My prayers are will you to fully recover.
Make sure you hire a lawyer to go after the guy who rear ended the F250.
I just hate to see you give up something you really love because of a mishap. Wait a year or two and re-evalutate how you feel.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Damn!!!! Hate to see that happen to ANYone - m/c or cage. Six thousand pounds hurtling out of control at you. Wishing you as complete and speedy a recovery as possible.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a horrible accident: an F250 was hit hard from behind and thrown into on coming traffic....me. Suffering many injuries mostly on my left side. Though i'm not walking yet, this confirmed in me to walk away from two wheelers. This bike has fit me perfectly and was passionate every time I swung a leg over her. God, I LOVED riding this bike...but love my wife/kids and health too. That accident happened so fast that there was no way I could have brought any skill/knowledge or experience to bear to avoid this freak of bad timing. I'm blessed to have my life and keeping my leg....surgeons reconstructed the tib/fib with metal and "free flapped" to protect it. ‭Mike Szentes Road to Recovery, organized by Jamye Cappadonna. View attachment 46212 View attachment 46211
Oh my. That looks horrible. I'm thankful you survived, and from the looks of it, you were lucky. I am glad you had a helmet on. That's a memento to hang on to. I'm sorry it cost you your will to ride, but I can certainly understand your decision. It's one of those life changing moments. Good luck to you.

Richmonder

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a horrible accident: an F250 was hit hard from behind and thrown into on coming traffic....me. Suffering many injuries mostly on my left side. Though i'm not walking yet, this confirmed in me to walk away from two wheelers. This bike has fit me perfectly and was passionate every time I swung a leg over her. God, I LOVED riding this bike...but love my wife/kids and health too. That accident happened so fast that there was no way I could have brought any skill/knowledge or experience to bear to avoid this freak of bad timing. I'm blessed to have my life and keeping my leg....surgeons reconstructed the tib/fib with metal and "free flapped" to protect it. ‭Mike Szentes Road to Recovery, organized by Jamye Cappadonna. View attachment 46212 View attachment 46211
God Bless you and your family. I pray for your speedy and full recovery.

·
Registered
552 Posts
terrible accident just glad That you survived I would probably make the same decision

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
His post says that the truck was hit from behind and thrown into him. Not the truck driver’s fault. Whoever rear-ended the truck is the perp.

Bruce
yeah, not shown in the picture is a totaled Chevy Malibu that hit the F250 from behind and forced into into oncoming traffic

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is what we all hope never to experience. Sorry mate. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts